ID HERESY's please.

larryderouin

I just got these Heresy's.  I believe they are Heresy I's from the type "E" crossover.  I sent all the info on them to Klipsch and they are thinking they are pro's, probably based on the black finish (which is chipping in places) and the corner re-inforcements on the top corners.  They do have the tilted risers. 

There are NO IDENTIFIERS on or inside the cases except a stamped number across the top of the back.  These are sequential (127W030 and 127W031).  As I said before the Crossovers are Type "E". 

Woofers are K22R

Squakers are K55Y

Tweeters are the Rectangular K77M

I'm thinking I have either late 81 Heresy I  or very Early Heresy II's.  But i would like some verification of this from the GURU's here. 

100_5334.JPG

100_5330.JPG

100_5332.JPG

PART 2

I'm not happy with the cheesy Wire terminals so I'm gonna put in a binding post box on each.   The paint is chipping off in places on both so I'm tempted to strip off the paint, sand, stain, and poly coat Semi Gloss in Walnut.  I think that would go nice with the black grill cloth.  I'd love to get some of that salt and pepper grille cloth for the Capitol Edition but I seriously doubt klipsch is letting that stuff go without a speaker attached to it. 

100_5329.JPG

100_5335.JPG

100_5336.JPG

HBB, Heresy Birch Black, most likely. 

1981, the best combination of drivers put in a Heresy, except maybe the HIII.  Your K-55-V should have soldered terminals. 

127W030 and 127W031, the 126,030th and 126,031st Heresies made. 

If they sound a little dull, reserved or "polite", you will want to replace the capacitors with some good ones. 

HDBRbuiler.  No labels anywhere.   HBR?  HBB?  All these acronyms I don't know.  Would someone please educate me with a list please? 

JohnA  Yes the K55V's have soldered terminals.  Crites cap kit enroute. 

jimjimbo;  The corner protectors are there.  If you look at the pic with out the grille, you should be able to see the right rear corner is raised a little.  That's the metal corner protector.  The fronts are hard to see.  Also in the pic of the paint chip, in the lower left corner the edge of a protector is just visible. 

Thanks

Larry

The crites kit arrived Friday and I spent about 45 minutes on it.  The differences are night and day.  Before I had the tone controls on my FISHER X-101-B set as follows: 

Volume at about 9 oclock

Loudness on

Bass 2 past 2center

Treble 3 past center.

NOW

Volume @ 9 oclock

Loudness OFF

Bass -1 from Center

Treble Centered. 

They sound more balanced now, even tho the bass is a bit less than I'm used to it's actually more pleasing. Mid's are actually robust now, with highs showing some shrillness, that can be tamed with the Treble control.  OVERALL, Sinatra and Basie never sounded better!!!  Re-Finish after May or June. 

Edited by larryderouin
  • Like 1