SOLD: Oris Horns 200 + TangBand w8-1808 Driver - MD/VA/DC Only

dkalsi

Available for sale are a pair of Oris Horns w/ TangBand w8-1808 drivers. 

I am the original owner of the TB drivers and I believe the second owner for the Oris 200 Horns. 

Oris horns are RARELY available on the used market and that is for a good reason. Anyone who is a Khorn/LaScala owner should seriously consider these horns. 

I have tried literally every upgrade possible on the Khorn, including Greg R's Volti Horns + BMS drivers as well as Fastlane's Eliptrac 400 + JBL2441 w/ Be Diaphragms - with Alk Universal as well as Extreme-Slope Crossovers.

For me, the Oris horns outperformed any other combination I've owned.  The only reason why these are for sale is that I've somewhat moved away from this hobby and moved towards woodworking. Despite dismantling my system years ago, I've still held on to these. 

I would like $SOLD for the horns including drivers. I would separate, but only if the horns sold before the drivers. 

These will be able for local DC area pickup only. I will be posting these on other forums; however, I would really really really like these to go someone in the Klipsch family. 

I hope fellow forum members who have had experience Oris horns will chime in and share their input. 

OH - 2.jpg

OH - 1.jpg

OH - 3.JPG

OH - 4.JPG

24 minutes ago, Schu said:

Bump...

That defuser in the background is nice.

I for one am curious as to the sound differences between a symmetrical lense and one with collapsing polars given the same driver.

Thanks Schu.

Those were acoustic tiles purchased maybe 8 - 9 years ago on CL. My music system is in our living room and the family wouldn't tolerate "ugly" textured tiles at random locations throughout the listening space. Thus, not having the heart to discard them, I painted them random Eames colors and glued them on a 1/4" ply, put a black frame around it, and hung it up in our dinning room using a french cleat system. 

Since then, many people have come through the house and complemented the "art work", much to my surprise. I just didn't want to toss them out. 

acoustic tiles.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/12/2018 at 8:52 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

I head Oris horns at @Rudy81's house and found them quite enjoyable (among everything else in that room). He should be able to chime in with thoughts and guidance for anyone considering these.

My Oris are the 150 variety and a little larger than these, although I cross them above 150Hz.  Dhar, those look really nice.  Can't believe you haven't had any takers since you posted on the Oris forum.  For all the speaker changes I have made over the years, I have yet to change out of my Oris horns.  Great horn if you are willing to think outside the box.

Congrats to seller and buyers. I saw the posting yesterday and was going to start digging into what these are. Looks like procrastination paid off for once. Just curious is this a midrange horn or is the idea to go from 3-way khorn to 2-way and have this as the only thing above the bass bin? Pix of complete khorn set up would be cool.

rplace, 

These played relatively flat down to about 150hz - they drop like a rock after that. I always used these in a 2-way system and never felt the need to add a tweeter. 

I know these are sold now, but I would strongly recommend fellow forum members to give these a try. Again - these don't show up for sale often (maybe less than 1 pair a year) in the used market. As you can see, the horns and drivers were sold in about 36 hours. I say that to only highlight that, despite the $1300 asking price, the risk is small because one can can very quickly recover their initial investment.

I got really nervous before letting the go because who know when I will every get the opportunity to pick up a pair locally again. Someone is driving 9 hours (one-way) to pick these up. 

Sad to see them go but I've moved onto other things. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rplace said:

Congrats to seller and buyers. I saw the posting yesterday and was going to start digging into what these are. Looks like procrastination paid off for once. Just curious is this a midrange horn or is the idea to go from 3-way khorn to 2-way and have this as the only thing above the bass bin? Pix of complete khorn set up would be cool.

--- and a Thank you for your new period of procrastination just beginning ---?!?

Dhar, those are beautiful horns and I know you will miss them. I feel the same about my 2a3 amps. They've not been hooked up for four years, but I just got thrm fixed and will be listening again soon. Alway wanted a pair of Oris horns.

Bruce