Best Integrated Amp for Klipsch RF 82

PravinE

I am into Klipsch family from 2012... owning RF 82, RC2, RS 42, SW 112 and R-112SW connected with Marantz AV7701/MM7055 and front channels connect to Marantz PM 8005. This is my setup for playing both Music and Movies.

Regarding Two channel:

I was in the impression that, sound of Marantz PM 8005 and RF 82 are perfect and getting the maximum output of the speakers... until I connected my friend's amp (Onkyo A-9070).

I have seen outstanding performance of RF 82 with A-9070. Massive Bass and beautiful sound (Mid is Ok). Now only I realized that I was using poor Marantz PM 8005 with Great RF 82. Eventually I am spoiling the amazing output of RF 82.

Thank God, at least now I got to know the RF 82 performance.

Now decided to go for good Integrated Amp to hook my RF 82. Below amp I have chosen for RF 82. I am going to buy based on your advice only. I can't see demo of any below products (Since nothing is available in the showroom for demo in Chennai, India).

The dealer says they can get me if i pay full amount (waiting period 30 days to 45 days) I am ready for this.

I have chosen these amps based on the spec. I have no idea how they will match with RF 82. I hope your advice will make my upgrade perfect.

Vincent SV 238MK

Vincent SV 237

Hegel H160

Rotel RA-1592

Rega Elicit R

Creek Evolution 100A

Byrston B135 (But expensive)

Waiting for your feedback. If you feel any other amp pls adivse.

Thank You!!

Pravin

16 hours ago, PravinE said:

I was in the impression that, sound of Marantz PM 8005 and RF 82 are perfect and getting the maximum output of the speakers... until I connected my friend's amp (Onkyo A-9070).

16 hours ago, PravinE said:

I have seen outstanding performance of RF 82 with A-9070. Massive Bass and beautiful sound (Mid is Ok).

Why not just get the Onkyo A-9070 since you do know how it sounds with your RF-82s?

Bill

9 hours ago, willland said:

Why not just get the Onkyo A-9070 since you do know how it sounds with your RF-82s?

Bill

Mid is not that good like Marantz PM 8005. So i am looking like mixture of PM 8005 and A-9070. I am expecting anyone in my list of amp will have all frequency presentation good.

2 hours ago, AsD said:

I would look into a NAD 375bee.

I think the RA1592 and Hegel H160 would be overkill. If you like Rotel then try the RA1572.

Nad is not that good, today i have a demo in The Audio People, Chennai. Nad doesn't sounds amazing. musical fidelity M3i seems to be good. I am getting a demo at my house soon. . Also the shop owner adviced me to hook Cambridge Azur 851W as a Power Amp with PM 8005 (as a Pre). need to see the demo, will update you my feedback

I agree that there are better amps out there but i have heard the Nad on a pair of rf 82. It is a nice match. And the Nad is quite a bit cheaper than the other options.

Nothing wrong with saving a few bucks.

You should in any case demo as much stuff as you can in your home. You might get surprided with some amps.