Underground Outdoor Landscape Subs

Tony T

• Moderators
4 hours ago, boricua2480 said:

shipping container cabana by the pond.

I like outdoor spaces like this, we built one out in the garden.

Got pictures, if so start a new thread, or here it's up to you, might have some decorating ideas for you and I might steal a couple.

If your just looking for subs diy a couple for out there if it's out of the weather, if not design something inside a big piece of PVC pipe or a plastic culvert pipe ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boricua2480 said:

I’ve been searching for a couple of large outdoor subs myself and my problem is I can’t find anything large enough. I’m looking for a pair of 15’s or 18’s for each side of our shipping container cabana by the pond. I came across the Klipsch one mentioned above but damn that thing is real expensive, especially considering I’d need several. There’s not really anything out there that I can find for larger areas without having to buy several, which means I’d need several amps also. It seems like keeping it simple might not be an option for what I’m looking for. I’m surprised there isn’t any manufacturers hitting this market. I’m positive there’s guys that would want some 18s in their backyard around their pool for their pool parties. 

I previously mentioned a subcontractor of mine that installs the "TRUAUDIO SubTerrain" brand (mentioned above) in backyards. The luxury home market within my area are buying these things right and left! You're right, the guys in the area are buying 15's &18's for their backyard pool areas. According to my friend, he's installing (burying) up to four 18" subs in backyard areas. I'm still waiting for him to call me for the in person demo so I can hear it with my own ears. Can't wait.

On a side note, I'm very true to Klipsch everything! Although, sometimes affordability factors into matters. I'll eventually have the opportunity to hear both TruAudio and Klipsch in ground subs.

16 hours ago, dtel said:

I like outdoor spaces like this, we built one out in the garden.

Got pictures, if so start a new thread, or here it's up to you, might have some decorating ideas for you and I might steal a couple.

If your just looking for subs diy a couple for out there if it's out of the weather, if not design something inside a big piece of PVC pipe or a plastic culvert pipe ?

I was thinking one of those food grade blue 55 gal drums.

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Tony T said:

Although, sometimes affordability factors into matters.

It seems to be more than sometimes, I know what you mean.

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I was thinking one of those food grade blue 55 gal drums.

Or they make 40 gallon drums ? One good thing the vibration would help pack the dirt around it when your done.

I would think with all the dirt around it it should be really solid and sound good ?

When I lived in Waterloo, WI,  there was a pickle factory where you could get used brine barrels (approx. 55 gallon). I think they were a good 1/4" thick, if not more. You would see them all over town, used for trash cans, hauling stuff, water...

Bruce

I did a basement remodel job for a Klipsch Engineer a few year ago. We set up his sump pump on the outside of his basement, connected to the basement's perimeter drain. We used a plastic drain pipe about 8' long, and about 12" in diameter, it had a pretty thick wall, at least 1/2" thick. He said he could make a killer sub woofer with that pipe. 

• Like 1