KSW 12 a low end subwoofer..worth an upgrade?

JWATS

I been upgrading my home theater and now have 3 KG 4s ( left center and right)..but the KSW 12 subwoofer is the only holdover. It's all I know, but I wonder if a subwoofer upgrade would yield dramatically better sound and worth the money...does it  make sense?...and what I could expect to gain in the mid priced range..for example a SVS PB2000...the listening room is large but difficult to estimate cubic feet because it is semi round.

I'd be especially interested in comments from those that have moved up from and entry level subwoofer, and recommendations on brand/model are always appreciated

Thanks

John

John, see what you started by buying my KG 4s!  :D

I'm absolutely loving my SVS SB-2000s.  They work perfect for music and movies.  They're small, too.  Probably about the same size as your KSW.  If you go SVS contact Cory @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.  He's an authorized SVS dealer and who I bought mine from.

I am a cheapskate at heart. I found an Outlaw LFM 1 on Craigslist. A highly reviewed speaker in it's day. But could be nearly 15 years old..$300 seems like a lot.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/ele/d/outlaw-lfm-1-subwoofer/6516090254.html

I'm sure it would be a big upgrade, but I know nothing about it's history. Wondered if it is getting to age where amplifier might fail.

What is fair price, is this a good idea?

Thanks

John

Mark,

I think this is the model that preceded yours, which makes it about 15 years old..but way younger than my speakers. I worry about having to replace the amp and other issues of age. Do you have any idea of what the lifetime is of a sub-woofer and the electronics? Do  you think it would be in the same league as your PB2000? Not equal , but same neighborhood?

Thanks

Probably not as loud or flat of an output as the SVS but good output down to 25Hz or so.  

I've never had a powered sub amp fail, but then again I've never owned any one for a particularly long time.  :)  Longest I had one was a Definitive Technology 15" for about 10 years.  It was a terrible one-note subwoofer but it was all I knew back then.