Opinions on Heresy ii

weziewoo

Good morning to you all.

I apologize if this is a redundant post to some, but I was hoping to get some input on these Heresy IIs that I am thinking on getting. 1988 year.

They have consecutive serial number, have been under the same owner and have not been used for the past couple of years (in storage).

My wife and I are buying a new house and, although I'm getting a room for a dedicated home theater, we both (well, mostly me) really like the idea of a 2-channel system in the living/dining room.

Is there anything that I should be concerned about these? They are in good to very good condition, there are no risers, but grills are in good condition as well - this coming from the seller.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

IMG_3757.JPG

IMG_3759.JPG

IMG_3758.JPG

01717_bghrJ0Ew3fI_1200x900.jpg

Love my walnut oil HIIs in my bedroom.  Been driving them with a Cambridge Audio 640A V2 integrated for about 2 years and could not be more pleased.  I will eventually get the crossovers recapped and install some "Crites Tites".

Those look beautiful. 

Bill

I didn't think of that-good suggestion, jimjimbo.

Place your ear directly in front of the tweeter to confirm they're working.

Get the risers if you can. They're usually available on eBay, or HERE. Heresy's sit low, so the tweeter and squawker should be aimed up. If you're not fussy, don't worry about it.

Heresy's can tear the room apart in volume, but the bass doesn't go that low; most bookshelf speakers can match them. If full range reproduction is a concern to you, pair the Heresy's with a subwoofer.

My  main speakers are a pair of Heresy II's and they are The Bomb!

10 hours ago, weziewoo said:

Good morning to you all.

I apologize if this is a redundant post to some, but I was hoping to get some input on these Heresy IIs that I am thinking on getting. 1988 year.

They have consecutive serial number, have been under the same owner and have not been used for the past couple of years (in storage).

My wife and I are buying a new house and, although I'm getting a room for a dedicated home theater, we both (well, mostly me) really like the idea of a 2-channel system in the living/dining room.

Is there anything that I should be concerned about these? They are in good to very good condition, there are no risers, but grills are in good condition as well - this coming from the seller.

Any feedback is much appreciated

Last year I did a complete rebuild on some Heresy 1s., and I've been very happy with the results.
Below is a video of the build.
You can get the risers from Critesspeakers.com. You might want to also consider updating the 30yr old x-overs
Good luck and enjoy

• Like 1

Thank you for all the replies! I'm so excited to get these puppies in the new house.

23 hours ago, willland said:

Love my walnut oil HIIs in my bedroom.  Been driving them with a Cambridge Audio 640A V2 integrated for about 2 years and could not be more pleased.  I will eventually get the crossovers recapped and install some "Crites Tites".

Those look beautiful. 

Bill

That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks, willland!

23 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

No concerns specific to the model, but always check function of all drivers, especially tweeters.

I will do that - thank you, jimjimbo!

14 hours ago, Peter P. said:

I didn't think of that-good suggestion, jimjimbo.

Place your ear directly in front of the tweeter to confirm they're working.

Get the risers if you can. They're usually available on eBay, or HERE. Heresy's sit low, so the tweeter and squawker should be aimed up. If you're not fussy, don't worry about it.

Heresy's can tear the room apart in volume, but the bass doesn't go that low; most bookshelf speakers can match them. If full range reproduction is a concern to you, pair the Heresy's with a subwoofer.

My  main speakers are a pair of Heresy II's and they are The Bomb!

I will check the driver, as you and jimjimbo mentioned.

For now, I will wait on the risers but depending on where these end up in the living area, I may purchase the risers. I will keep an eye on a sub or two. Thanks for your input, Peter P.!

13 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Stuff a rag in the squawkers when you’re listing to confirm tweeter function.  You might also use the cardboard tube from paper towels or toilet paper to isolate the tweeter output.

I didn't know squawkers was the mid-range. Funny. Thank you for the tips - I will bring a thick towel or some cardboard for sure. Thanks, DizRotus!

13 hours ago, EJC said:

Last year I did a complete rebuild on some Heresy 1s., and I've been very happy with the results.
Below is a video of the build.
You can get the risers from Critesspeakers.com. You might want to also consider updating the 30yr old x-overs
Good luck and enjoy

This is really cool! I will save the video for later. Thanks, EJC!

• Thanks 1