Vintage Klipsch Klipschorns stereo speakers primavera (FINAL MARKDOWN) - $2000 (milwaukee)

314carpenter

12 hours ago, thebes said:

Do we have anybody near their who could collect and hold them for me?

I'm definitely interested.

Pretty, pretty, pretty....

we wannum

Marty-

@Rivernuggets is in Madison, send him a PM.  There must be members in Milwaukee and Chicago area who could help. Good luck finding a volunteer.

I suggest starting a thread asking about Milwaukee area forum members who might help.  We could bump the heck out of it for a few days.  Have you contacted the seller?  With a PayPal deposit, he/she might hold them until you, or a forum member, can collect them, and/or, perhaps the seller would meet a forum member a reasonable distance from Milwaukee.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Schu said:

What is PL?

HERITAGE SPEAKER TYPE CODES:

** Does not include the "Rebel" or "Shorthorn" series.

C = Cornwall
CD = Cornwall "decorator" with flush motor board and no grill
BK = Belle Klipsch
H = Heresy
HD = Heresy "decorator" with flush motor board and no grill
LS = La Scala
KB = Klipschorn - Model Type B, "collared"
KC = Klipschorn - Model Type C, no "collar"
KD = Klipschorn - designer type (no grill, made through April 1987)

IV. HERITAGE SPEAKER WOOD/FINISH CODES:

1. Until the late 70's-early 80's (and again in 2008 on Heritage models), customers could special order a number of exotic veneers.

2. It should be noted that until May, 2001 there were almost 100 different finish, grill cloth, and riser 'combinations' or variants that could be ordered for the Heresy’s and up to 75 versions of the Klipschorn.

3. In the mid-late 90's, Klipsch generally ceased most special order veneers and raw birch was also discontinued on most models, except Heresy-II's.

4. Material for raw birch is/was Georgia-Pacific cabinet/furniture grade 7 ply (5 inner standard grade plies and the two outer very-fine grade plies).

5. Risers for the Heritage series were originally optional, and there was a long base for horizontal placement of standard Cornwall's.

6. Heresy risers were generally "straight" until the late 1980's, and were still an option until the late 90's. In the late 1980's the "slant" style became the general standard. Slant risers appeared in the 1970's on Heresy-Is, but are not seen often. Currently the US version Heresy is shipped with slant riser, elsewhere in the world they can be ordered with or without the riser.

7. "Oiled" finish refers to the factory application of a high quality furniture grade wood oil that fills the pores of the wood and seals the finish. The type of oil is similar to a Watco "danish" or "rejuvenating" oil. Oiled finishes require a routine "oiling" with a light non-buildup type of furniture grade wood oil.

8. "Lacquer" refers to the application of one or two thin coats of a clear semi-gloss lacquer sprayed on the cabinet and motor board prior to installation of drivers. That lacquer was obtained from various vendors, and as of 2013, is a #40 sheen, semi-gloss lacquer from Valspar/OPEC. Lacquer finishes only require a routine wiping off with a clean dry cloth to maintain the finish.

9. For "Black Lacquer" finishes, the factory used a flat black lacquer primer, then #40 sheen black lacquer, with a clear #40 sheen to protect the black finish.

10. Generally, most veneered Heritage products had the rear panels/ sections sprayed with black lacquer primer. Starting in late 1983 and continuing to this day, the rear panels of the Heritage models are now sprayed with a coat of "textured" semi gloss, and a top coat of semi-gloss black.

11. An option to have raw birch stained was also used, but not often seen. The stain was usually applied by spraying, and the serial number stickers generally indicated this option. Example: H-WS would have been a Walnut stained Heresy made from "raw-birch". This option was more commonly seen on La Scala's.

CODE **                 WOOD                   FINISH          REMARKS

AL                Ash                        Lacquer        Uncommon
AO               Ash                        Oiled            Uncommon
BB                Birch Black              Lacquer        Common
BR                Birch                       Raw              Common
BL                Birch                       Lacquer        Common
BW               Birch White             Lacquer        Rare Spec Order
CL                Cherry                    Lacquer        Uncommon **
CO               Cherry                    Oiled            Uncommon
D-BR            Birch                       Raw              Designer (No Grill)
D-BB            Birch Black              Lacquer        Designer (No Grill)
FL                Fir                          Lacquer        Rare
FO               Fir                          Oiled            Rare
FB                Fir Black                 Lacquer        Late Models Only
F                  Fir                          Firzite Rare - Marine Grade
HL                Hickory                   Lacquer        (reported-unconfirmed)
MEL             Macassar Ebony     Lacquer        Rare Spec Order
MEO            Macassar Ebony     Oiled            (unconfirmed)
MHL             Mahogany               Lacquer        Rare Spec Order
MHO            Mahogany               Oiled            Rare Spec Order
MHR             Mahogany               Raw              Rare Spec Order
ML               Maple                     Lacquer        Rare"Hardrock Maple"
MO               Maple                     Oiled            Rare"Hardrock Maple"
MO*             Medium Oak           Oiled            Late 90's Models
OL                Oak                        Lacquer        Common (Red Oak)
OL                Oak                        Oiled            Common (Red Oak)
PNL*            Persian Nut             Lacquer        Rare Spec Order
RRL*            Rambling Rose        Lacquer        Rare Spec Order
PL                Prima Vera             Lacquer        Rare Spec Order
PR                Prima Vera             Raw              Rare -Early
RL                Rosewood               Lacquer        Brazilian species
RO               Rosewood               Oiled            Brazilian species
TL                Teak                       Lacquer        Uncommon
TO               Teak                       Oiled            Uncommon
WL               Walnut                    Lacquer        Common
WO              Walnut                    Oiled            Common
WS               Birch (stained)         Stain             Walnut on Birch
ZL                Zebrawood              Lacquer        Rare Spec Order
ZO               Zebrawood              Oiled            Rare Spec Order

* "Persian Nut" and "Rambling Rose" are not an actual wood species; they were made from linear cut birch or walnut wood which was dyed with specific hues/colors, re-glued into alternating color layers and then rotary cut into the respective veneer types to achieve the effect.

** Lacquer finish on early production Cherry was uncommon

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thebes said:

Do we have anybody near their who could collect and hold them for me?

I'm definitely interested.

Pretty, pretty, pretty....

we wannum

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

@Rivernuggets is in Madison, send him a PM.

I'm just over an hour from the seller and willing to retrieve and hold these for you Marty. They'll be very comfortable in my climate controlled shop.

The only possible issue: do Klipschorns fit in a Toyota Rav4?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

The only possible issue: do Klipschorns fit in a Toyota Rav4?

They do for sure . . . one at a time. ;)

Don’t you love it when you get volunteered by someone else?  

I emailed the the seller to see if they’re still available.  I’ll report back if I hear from the seller. @thebes

• Like 2

OK, I've contacted the seller to see if he could hold them until I could arrange something. Did a preliminary check on maybe flying out one-way and then doing a one-way van back to DC, but that would cost at least a grand and a couple of days of my life during a very busy time of the year. My work van has a third of a million miles on it and would not want to attempt to drive it round trip from the DC suburbs, so that's out.

I'm going to reach out to Craters And Freighters on a quote for packing and shipping. They have a location in Milwaukee and they have a location just minutes from my house. Hey Rivernuggests, maybe if you are really bored, or want to see them up close, you can go over their to aid with the packing to make sure they don't screw it up.

I'm about an hour from Milwaukee depending on where ( I made it to the Brewers stadium in just over an hour with game traffic). They will fit in my truck, storing will be a problem, I am out of room. But I can get them to NW Indiana if anyone there can hold them or move them farther east

Mark

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I'm about an hour from Milwaukee depending on where ( I made it to the Brewers stadium in just over an hour with game traffic). They will fit in my truck, storing will be a problem, I am out of room. But I can get them to NW Indiana if anyone there can hold them or move them farther east

Mark

Mark

I have room to store them at my studio in the city if you grab them. I'd be happy to do so, no problem.