Vintage Klipsch Klipschorns stereo speakers primavera (FINAL MARKDOWN) - $2000 (milwaukee)

314carpenter

9 hours ago, thebes said:

OK, I've contacted the seller to see if he could hold them until I could arrange something. Did a preliminary check on maybe flying out one-way and then doing a one-way van back to DC, but that would cost at least a grand and a couple of days of my life during a very busy time of the year. My work van has a third of a million miles on it and would not want to attempt to drive it round trip from the DC suburbs, so that's out.

I'm going to reach out to Craters And Freighters on a quote for packing and shipping. They have a location in Milwaukee and they have a location just minutes from my house. Hey Rivernuggests, maybe if you are really bored, or want to see them up close, you can go over their to aid with the packing to make sure they don't screw it up.

Fly to Milwaukee, buy a new work van and drive back.  Problem solved.

[mention=2850]tidmack[/mention] lives about 30 mins away from these Khorns. Maaaybe he could help if Craters/Freighters and I fall through.
I'm able to run and get them tomorrow and possibly Tuesday.

Hope you don't mind me raising your hand, Jeff!   [emoji185]
Sorry guys, I've been off the grid. I am uncertain if I can snag these, but i could hold them in a climate controlled garage until Thebes and get them. I'm in Tue middle of a move, so I'm just not sure if I could be the guy who picks up the speakers. PM me if the speakers need to be stored in Oak Creek, WI for a period of time.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

[mention=2850]tidmack[/mention] lives about 30 mins away from these Khorns. Maaaybe he could help if Craters/Freighters and I fall through.
I'm able to run and get them tomorrow and possibly Tuesday.

Hope you don't mind me raising your hand, Jeff!   [emoji185]
Guys, I just took a peek at the ad. If the location is accurate, this is a daytime pickup only. This neighborhood has deteriorated rapidly over the years and you need to be aware of your surroundings. I wouldn't pass on them due to location, but i just want whoever picks them up to know this is a lock your doors neighborhood.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

You guys are great with your kind offers. Just sent him another email cause I haven't heard back, but the ad is still up. 

Here's hoping. If it works out there will be a pair of 74's decorators for sale in the DC area.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thebes said:

You guys are great with your kind offers. Just sent him another email cause I haven't heard back, but the ad is still up. 

Here's hoping. If it works out there will be a pair of 74's decorators for sale in the DC area.

what do they look like ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebes said:

Well this seems to be a non-starter. The ad is still up but he has not replied to my two emails.

Marty he has them posted..

in audio trader for audiophiles...facebook....

do you want me to send a message ?

We reached out to this guy a half-dozen ways. He may be "sleeping" or they are sold and he can't be bothered to pull the ad.

I think in the smaller markets the ads run for two weeks instead of one in the major metropolitan areas, but I could be wrong.

I'm just going for aesthetics with this, cause my beater designers sound awesome.

I owe myself a present and it's either this or a new LOMC cart.