Yamaha Receiver Question. I have a Yamaha 595a.....

afraid

I have owned three receivers the past year and a half.

An Aiwa something, it was just crap. an onkyo 575 which has awsome treble. Had to get rid of that because of that dammed hiss. When volume up high and only dialog from center, all i could hear from other speakers was hiisssssssssssssssss. So that went back. I then got my Yamaha. Very nice sound but it seems that the center sound can seem a little muffled at times. Like it needs some treble to brighten up the dialog. What i want to know is the klipsch center speakers have a good tweeter on them? Do they reproduce dialog clearly? I really want to know because if really irritates me on certain discs. I cant watch my tommarow never dies because they sound like ttheir talking threw a pillow. Other discs are fine. On my onkyo the center sounded brighter, which helped that disc alot! Anywany does the Klipsch center sound full and lively, and is there any way to modify my yamaha to get the treble button to work for the center sound as well? Move a wire or something?

Thanks!

Nathan

Hey Nathan,

What speakers do you have for the mains & center. If they don't match could be a problem source. If they do, hummm...I have an SC-1 & a RXV795a, and find dialog very clear. Have listened to smaller centers and was'nt satisfied at all. Try setting the center channel to small, this will allow the speaker to concentrate on the higher frequencies (dialog) by routing LFE to the sub. What kind of player and interconnects?

I had a cerwin vega center, a klh center, and a infinity center. Well...maybe thats the problem right there? I just got my klipsch mains and will buy the rest of the set later this month. an sc.5 and ss.5. They match my SB-1 mains (which sound awsome!). Havent heard a klipsch center yet. Im sure it sounds awsome too. I Use 12 guage speaker wire from radio shack, and the optical cable connecting the dvd to the receiver is from radio shack too. Could it be the optical cable? I have never had a set of all 5 matching speakers, could that be it too?

Toshiba 1309 dvd player

Yamaha 595a

Sb-1s for left and right

16 guage speaker wire

THanks for help

nate

Hi Afraid - I don't think you'll find your Klipsch center to be lacking on clarity for dialog, especially if you get the matching one for your fronts. I have listened, as I'm sure you and many others have, to other (sometimes more expensive) brands of speakers right next to Klipsch. To me, they all sounded like they were playing through a pile of blankets. I just love the crisp aliveness of the horn tweets and mids on the Klipsch.

Have faith!

Doug

Fiver optic cables seem to get good reviews from brand to brand--the design is inherantly sound. Most people like the digital coax because of the tight fit they get with the connection. I use FO and feel the sound is very good. Speaker cable, 12 ga is the choice of this boards masses.

Demo your center before you buy. It is going to be your most important speaker so try your best to make an earformed decision. I have the SC-1, a good center. Boy would I like to upgrade (just a wish/dream/drool-drool) oh well, maybe I'll win the lottery. Anyway you get my point!

Afraid, I watched TND and the dialog is very clear on my center speaker. I use the reference RC-3. Which is connected to a Yamaha DSP-A1 amplifier thru monster cable. I use all the reference serie on my amp, and I can say it is a joy to listen to it. So take TND and go to a shop or somebody who has a RC-3 as center speaker and listen for yourself. Happy listning biggrin.gif