Heathkit tube amps

Trippigs

Yesterday I found a pair of Heathkit tube amps in an upscale vintage furniture shop. There is a Heathkit WA-1 and a Heathkit W-2M......they are $200 for the pair. The owner wasn’t present so I couldn’t ask any questions. Might these mono amps be run together as stereo? 

You can use dissimilar mono amps for a 2 channel system.  However, even though they are both Heathkits, the sound characteristics can be quite different which you may find disturbing.  There's also the issue of how well these units were constructed (you can't imagine how badly some amateur builders butchered units like these), and whether they have been restored.  If unrestored, they need to be gone over by a competent tech to ensure safe operation.

Maynard

This is likely more than what I want to tackle. Might think differently if I had restoration skills.....otherwise paying going shop rates isn’t too appealing. However, a bit intrigued about purchasing for resale. I would have escaped the furniture shop with less expense by purchasing the amps rather than what my wife bought!