Gotta Look at Your Phone in 5:00 Traffic?

JohnJ

Then pull the ___ over!:angry2:

Especially if you wanna turn left and a large suv plus other vehicles in the left-turn lane opposing you are blocking your view of opposing traffic.

Because when the nose of my car gets in the intersection at appx 35mph and you dart across it's too late already. 

:angry:Bi---------------------------ch!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

All I'm saying is:

Start enforcing hands free phone use while driving with an AC-130 Specter.  The problem would be solved overnight.

The problem isn't holding the phone to your face. It's being involved in something that isn't driving

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

The problem isn't holding the phone to your face. It's being involved in something that isn't driving

Bingo!

Things are not settled right now, hang tight if you will, I've got pictures.

This happened a few days ago and if I wasn't ticked off because I'm still hurting & it's slowing me down, I would not have even posted this.

When the dust clears, unless I'm wealthy with a NDA, they will be up here! I doubt that will be the case.

I did get lucky and have a dead-ringer for a leprechaun as my doc at the er yesterday, all systems good to go.  A good Irish doctor on St.Patricks day that's not too bad.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Was talking about this the other day, they should be something to disable phones or the car will not go into gear. When the car is in an accident the phone would be activated again, they can do this. Maby have one part of the phone work, like the driving direction app only.

Doing any normal driving, look around to see how many people are talking or texting, it's kind of shocking. People are so distracted by phones they have already walked off a cliff, into fountains and into open holes in the street during construction, this is just a few that is on video already. 

Hope you get feeling better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

We have an ordinance against using devices such as cell phones while operating a motor vehicle.  Hopefully you do too so the fine will be harsher.

It's a state law in Texas, however, the numbskulls wrote it in such a way that it can't be enforced.

39 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

Wait a minute; you mean the at fault driver admitted to checking his phone for the time when the accident occurred? Whatever happened to lying? It's what every guilty driver does.

It is rare probably, we each corroborated the other's statement.  Yard 3/4 s done, blue skies and it's almost 70. Didn't have any #s last night, just got to "Keep Pushing On"

Yeah, smartphones are able to detect speed right? If the smartphone detects that it is moving in any direction more than say 10 mph....it should shut off....and an arm should pop out the side of the phone and clock the user.

I'm fed up with cars crossing the center line and coming at me head on. I'm not kidding it happens to me what seems like once a month. All because someone is fiddling with their phone. I even had a cop do it two weeks ago! Are you kidding me?

It's not my style but in hindsight, I really should have reported it. I'm fed up. Everywhere you go people have their heads up there butts. Mostly because of smartphones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Bingo!

Things are not settled right now, hang tight if you will, I've got pictures.

This happened a few days ago and if I wasn't ticked off because I'm still hurting & it's slowing me down, I would not have even posted this.

When the dust clears, unless I'm wealthy with a NDA, they will be up here! I doubt that will be the case.

I did get lucky and have a dead-ringer for a leprechaun as my doc at the er yesterday, all systems good to go.  A good Irish doctor on St.Patricks day that's not too bad.

They won't  NDA your photos when you settle, just a release with no admission of liability.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Yes.  No one believes in the written word anymore, unless it confirms what they already think they know.

Come on OT, sure you need pics to confirms this. I mean someone using a phone while driving ?!? It's damn difficult to believe someone would actually do that ?!? 

Thanks, @dwilawyer things are funny here in N ascar C ountry now.

Cell use is legal in cars for 18 +. But use contributing to incident is reckless driving, can't see that the officer wrote any ticket, report was a synopsis with guilt applied to one party.

Apparently the insurance companies do the tickets later?

Doesn't make sense to me, leery of entities with this much power.

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

Wait a minute; you mean the at fault driver admitted to checking his phone for the time when the accident occurred? Whatever happened to lying? It's what every guilty driver does.

If the other driver is "at fault" then it doesn't matter what the driver was doing at time of collision (unless the conduct triggers punitive damages in your state, and then it does begin to matter).  

In a "no-fault" state,  they don't look at who is responsible, they limit and specify what you can recover.  

Cell phone records are routinely checked in serious accident cases, they have been for over 20 years.  It would be pretty stupid to get yourself hemmed up on a purgery charge on something as simple as this.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks, @dwilawyer things are funny here in N ascar C ountry now.

Cell use is legal in cars for 18 +. But use contributing to incident is reckless driving, can't see that the officer wrote any ticket, report was a synopsis with guilt applied to one party.

Apparently the insurance companies do the tickets later?

Doesn't make sense to me, leery of entities with this much power.

In some states "reckless conduct" can trigger punitive damages.

• Like 1