Walnut Chorus in Denver CO

Shaun K

They don't come onto the market all that often but when they do the Chorus I goes all day long for $500.  The Seller is probably going to have to find the right sucker, I mean buyer at the $1200 asking price.

Yeah, wasn't going to get into the price since there are several intangibles there, not the least of which is the walnut finish.  I do know I paid just over half this asking price for my own pair of Chorus, and those were completely rebuilt with new cabinets but with no internal upgrades.  Just thought I'd throw them out here since I know they don't come up often.

1 minute ago, Shaun K said:

Just thought I'd throw them out here since I know they don't come up often.

Always appreciated.  I track Heritage prices and I make notes what comes onto the market, and at what prices.

For the sharp eyed Klipschites who post regularly on this forum they know they can get the Chorus I for about $500.  But before we get to the $1200 asking price, on average you can find:

Chorus II - $650

Cornwall - $800

Cornwall II - $1000

La Scala - Lots out there in good shape in the $1000-1200 range.

• Like 1

I need some of those $800 Cornwalls in the new house, if only to hear them for a little while before I settle on what works for the room(s).  Speaking of which, I need to make a post in the HT forum for some advice on my oddly-sized basement.

16 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

They go for more around here.  I think I sold my pair of oak for $700.  Not in this good of shape and no Crites investment.

I consider you my expert consultant for Klipsch sales in the Chicagoland area.  There is a larger than usual supply of used Klipsch in your area and as you know I track whatever prices come my way from national sales.

4 minutes ago, JMON said:

I've not owned the original Chorus but is there something wrong with the ports?  There just seems to be holes there.

That's how the Chorus I was designed; no port tubes or flares.  You can tune them by adding these things, just depends on what you're after.  My Chorus have flared port tubes, but to be honest I haven't listened without them so I couldn't tell you what difference they make.

14 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

That's how the Chorus I was designed; no port tubes or flares.  You can tune them by adding these things, just depends on what you're after.  My Chorus have flared port tubes, but to be honest I haven't listened without them so I couldn't tell you what difference they make.

How are your Chorus' doing!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, avguytx said:

The going price for Heritage depends on where a person is located and what a person is willing to pay; not a spreadsheet with average selling prices. 

That goes without saying.

But I'm glad you said it.  :D
+++

I keep the Heritage Prices just for fun, it's part of the hobby for me.  It's a research tool and a pretty good guide.  The palest ink is better than the strongest memory. 

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That goes without saying.

But I'm glad you said it.  :D
+++

I keep the Heritage Prices just for fun, it's part of the hobby for me.  It's a research tool and a pretty good guide.  The palest ink is better than the strongest memory. 

I appreciate your tracking of this data!  It's helped me make a purchase decision several times, and I'm sure it will come in handy again soon.

10 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Yeah yeah, Rooms. Multiple systems are so much fun.

Ah man, it wasn't a humblebrag or anything.  I've spent the last 2 years living in a tiny house (in a place I'm not too fond of ) and that in some way has allowed me to get into a decently large house, although it's on the outskirts of the city so I'll have a hell of a commute if I ever have to work downtown.  But now I do have 4 rooms I need to decide on, in terms of speakers and gear.  At least I have full reign in 2 of those rooms!  The rest of them will be up to The Powers That Be :)

7 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

How are your Chorus' doing!

They're fantastic, thanks for your work on them!  Can't wait to get them into a space where they can really shine. I wish you were closer so I could collaborate on something, that's assuming you're still CNC'ing cool stuff like this.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

They're fantastic, thanks for your work on them!  Can't wait to get them into a space where they can really shine. I wish you were closer so I could collaborate on something, that's assuming you're still CNC'ing cool stuff like this.

Still building "stuff" everyday. Not always as cool as a speaker build, but.......

3 hours ago, Shaun K said:

Ah man, it wasn't a humblebrag or anything.

I didn't take it that way, it's cool. Honestly I meant it's fun to plan out different rooms and what kind of gear will reside in them.

3 hours ago, Shaun K said:

I've spent the last 2 years living in a tiny house (in a place I'm not too fond of ) and that in some way has allowed me to get into a decently large house,

Congrats on the new place!

My wife and I are in our second home. Similar to you, an upgrade in space from the first. It's not imposing by any means (you've seen it!) but perfect for what we want. I hope to finish a room in the basement for a dedicated HT. Fun stuff!

What a thread crap.....it's just good to see you posting Shawn.

43 minutes ago, mjgillen said:

I appreciate the shared knowledge here...

Michael

Welcome, ye of 10 entire postings.

DO - indeed, appreciate the shared knowledge.

We look forward to "your" future contributions.  

13 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

I didn't take it that way, it's cool. Honestly I meant it's fun to plan out different rooms and what kind of gear will reside in them.

Congrats on the new place!

My wife and I are in our second home. Similar to you, an upgrade in space from the first. It's not imposing by any means (you've seen it!) but perfect for what we want. I hope to finish a room in the basement for a dedicated HT. Fun stuff!

What a thread crap.....it's just good to see you posting Shawn.

Oh yeah, it's fun just playing out all the possibilities in my head; I just hope I have enough gear for now since I probably won't be able to spend on much of anything else for a while.  Your house is great, I love that neighborhood and if we didn't have to be close to Winnipeg I think we'd consider Madison.  Looks like a really fun town.

Glad to be posting here again...the job stuff took a lot out of me last year so I just didn't have any extra time.  Hopefully that's all done now though.

OK, end of thread crap :)