Cambridge Audio 650C Azur CD player review

wuzzzer

I received my Cambridge Audio 650c Azur CD player yesterday and have it connected via RCA cables to my Pioneer Elite SC-LX501 receiver.  Prior to this I was using either my PS3 or a low end Sony 5 disc changer both connected by optical cable to the Pioneer.  So, previously I was using the DACs in the Pioneer for CD playback.

I've been able to listen to about 50 different songs on CDs that I'm very familiar with and have listened to hundreds of times.  I have never heard more detail, stereo separation and naturalness to the sound in my entire life.  I never realized how much better a CD can sound based off the quality of the player.  Everything just sounds perfectly real.  It's amazing.  The only thing I wish is that it was a changer instead of a single disc player.  But, it seems that any mid to high end CD player is a single disc unit.

The Pioneer receiver obviously has a great analog section as well.  It's the first time I've used any of it's analog inputs.

I'm really enjoying rediscovering the music again!  🎶

• Like 5

3 hours ago, willland said:

Great to hear your are hearing a significant improvement.:P 

Have you noticed a more rhythmic pace and punch to the music along with the detail?

Bill

It's hard to describe what I'm hearing.  There's just more realism to everything.

The DACs have a slow and sharp rolloff setting that I haven't changed yet.  I'll have to look more into exactly what that does.

• Like 1