Acurus 100x3 channel Amp - SOLD

knucklehead

SOLD SOLD I have a very nice 3 channel Acurus amplifier for sale. Since I bought it here I thought I'd see if there were any interest in this fine amp. I bought it in July 2016 and it's been in continuous service until recently. I bought a Yamaha A-S1000 a few weeks ago so the Acurus is no longer needed. I almost hate to sell it - they don't come up for sale very often. I'm willing to ship to Canada but be forewarned that shipping from the US to Canada is getting very expensive. But if you simply must have this amp I'll send you an inflated shipping charge and will refund any of that chunk of money that doesn't go to shipping. I'm not trying to make money on shipping - just being pragmatic. I've been srcooed (SIC!) on shipping to Ca. twice. It won't happen a third time.

I'm looking to get $325 shipped to CONUS addresses. Thanks for looking!

DSCN2263.thumb.JPG.be4e0037281130a8cb9d15098dd8b0ab.JPG

Edited by knucklehead
  • Like 1

I am pretty(very) sure this was once my amp so I can definitely attest for sound quality and power.  

Good luck with your sale.

1 hour ago, knucklehead said:

I bought a Yamaha A-S1000 a few weeks ago

How do you like it and what are you driving with it?

Bill

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, willland said:

I am pretty(very) sure this was once my amp so I can definitely attest for sound quality and power.  

Good luck with your sale.

How do you like it and what are you driving with it?

Bill

I recall you being on that for sale thread where I bought it from jlfx64.

I've had this Acurus for almost 2 years. I hate to sell it but I have too much audio gear already. And I'm looking to buy another AVR that will replace the Yamaha CX-A5000. Its a great processor but the need for external amps means little or no room in the audio rack. Currently I'm using the bedroom 2 channel AVR - a Yamaha RX-V773 - old yes - but it works fine. And I could use the remote without having to turn on a light - so it needs to go back in the bedroom.

As for the Yamaha A-S1000 - what can I say? It drives my Salk Song Towers wonderfully. It has plenty of power for producing low bass - no subs needed with this combo. With it's direct amp inputs it also does double duty for multi channel stuff - driving the front mains just fine. It has plenty of power and it is very neutral sounding. As are most Yamaha electronics, I've found.. I may update to the A-S1100 or A-S2100 in a year or so. Time to start saving!

Good Lord! I'm becoming a Yamaha fanboi! I haven't had one Yamaha die on me yet. Can't say that about all brands - and most of all Onkyo/Integra products. 3 for 3 dead HDMI boards!

Hey Teaman Tim! Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it!

Edited by knucklehead