Good Price for Set of Used RF-7 II?

nola000

$930?

There is a set available to me for $930. Is this a good price? Ive been looking on eBay for years with a "saved search" and the cheapest Ive ever seen them is around $800 but they are usually asking $1100 or so. This is the first pair that has come up under $1k that is within a one day drive of my house. This price includes my gas so thats a total.

Edited by nola000
  • Like 1

Just now, WillyBob said:

A day....  shoot. I have a pair of LaScalas that are only 2 days --- one way -- away.  I drive 1000 miles in a day

Well. Yall are obviously a much more dedicated bunch than me. :D

I have some limits to my obsessions.  ;)

• Haha 1

Those LaScalas, of mine, will wait until Sept for me to get them. Unless I know someone with a lot of room headed this way.  I'm just saying, I could. Not am.

I bought them a month ago. Listening to a pair of entry level bookshelf R15M's for now. 

I look at their pictures...  that's pretty sad  HaHaHa

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, nola000 said:

I have some limits to my obsessions.  ;)

Stick around we will work on that, your here, your loosing the battle already. Overkill is not really understood very well here. :huh:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I tried to skip the in between stages   Went for the best I could afford

Same as you I tried to as best little money would let me, and I have been lucky.

4 minutes ago, dtr20 said:
8 hours ago, dtel said:

Overkill is not really understood very well here. :huh:

Over what? :blink:

Most here wouldn't understand, someone tried to explain it to me, it kind of makes sense, a little, with wires anyway. :huh:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Those LaScalas, of mine, will wait until Sept for me to get them. Unless I know someone with a lot of room headed this way.  I'm just saying, I could. Not am.

I bought them a month ago. Listening to a pair of entry level bookshelf R15M's for now. 

I look at their pictures...  that's pretty sad  HaHaHa

How do the pictures sound ?! Hope you don't think they already need the mandatory "upgrading" ?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
On 3/22/2018 at 8:55 AM, WillyBob said:

I think I did OK, too.  But then, all of it is still in Indiana

True but that was very nice of you to buy you sister( I think it was) a nice pair of speakers. :o:P

On 3/22/2018 at 9:17 AM, richieb said:

Hope you don't think they already need the mandatory "upgrading" ?!?

Of course, it's the standard thing for some people, they can't resist, the new speakers are hooked up for an hour and the people are happy. Then you get this........slightly exaggerated version........................

Oh you got some xyz speakers and they sound wonderful, what you need to do first is replace the tweeters, woofers midrange and all the drivers. Then build different cabinets and put the new parts in that, you can keep the binding post, there OK. I did this to mine and heard a difference right away, slight but it was different. :wacko:

Some can't resist, I love the ones that tell how to tune a speaker differently and it really simple "mod" claimed to be an upgrade. I guess when they designed them they just never thought about that tiny change that make it 100% better, but in all your infinite wisdom they figured it for them. Well that's a good thing you saved the day. :cool:

Not aimed at anyone in particular, it's really not but I do see it and try to ignore it, but if any of it sounds really silly remember that when someone just unloads speakers after picking them up and you push this :pwk_bs: before they even have a chance to know what there new speakers sound like..........

Sounds silly doesn't it, to everyone but the guilty I guess

• Like 1

All right. I got them. 12 driving hours later and one sore lower back.

Anybody know how to breakdown the serial #'s on these to find any interesting info like date of manufacture?

Also, they say "RF-7-II BSTOCK" on the label on the back. Does this mean these were factory rejects?

DSC03254.thumb.jpg.02fc16ffdf5c72d506a2e5f1b8d271eb.jpg