Emotiva or Yamaha for RF-82 II

Rakkmutt

5 hours ago, Ducatiman916 said:

Pretty harsh criticism of Yamaha, why do you not like it? Their modern stuff leaves something to be desired but the vintage stuff is incredible in my opinion.

Of course this is all subjective, but their modern stereo integrated amps are very well received and built like Fort Knox.  Kind of brought back that "vintage" sound and look with more modern guts.

Bill

Yamaha A-S1000 integrated amp gut shot.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, willland said:

Of course this is all subjective

Exactly

I whited out the brand name not to offend anyone with junk. :emotion-14: But not a bad looking size power supply for a little true 50 wpc amp and A-B non switching amp for $220 .

A100-3.png

22 hours ago, Ducatiman916 said:

Bought an Emotiva amp as a temporary replacement while I had my Yamaha amp restored by Skip at Legendary amps. I noticed a definite difference in sound quality from the Emotiva compared to my M80. Although there was no way these amps were comparable in wattage or build quality the price was cheap. While I was using it it crapped out and one of the channels quit so i threw it in the trash and bought an Adcom 60 watt per channel amp to replace it. Never had a single problem from the Adcom and the sound was really good compared to the Emotiva. I still have the Adcom and actually bought a preamp-tuner for it to use in an office room or den. I believe the Emotiva was an A200. I bought the Adcom for 60 bucks and the Emotiva for 50. The Adcom is a gfa 535.

So “Emotiva is crap”, and you’re basing that off of your experience with just one of their products, which you bought used. No way of knowing what product you’re even referring to, since the A-200 is not a thing that exists.

• Like 1

So “Emotiva is crap”, and you’re basing that off of your experience with just one of their products, which you bought used. No way of knowing what product you’re even referring to, since the A-200 is not a thing that exists.
Agreed. XPA and UPA-x models are amazing as are the RPA (?) and LPA models.
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 9:42 AM, burninator said:

Well like I said I threw it away so I really don't remember the exact model. Who f'n cares anyway? I'm not trying to sell you anything man so why be mad? It's just my OPINION dude. You can be dissatisfied if you want to with my answer but I still won't even consider any Emotiva products for MY home system.

2 hours ago, Ducatiman916 said:

Well like I said I threw it away so I really don't remember the exact model. Who f'n cares anyway? I'm not trying to sell you anything man so why be mad? It's just my OPINION dude. You can be dissatisfied if you want to with my answer but I still won't even consider any Emotiva products for MY home system.

Who’s mad? You posted your opinion, and I replied to it. Seems like fairly reasonable forum activity to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 3/24/2018 at 9:35 PM, YK Thom said:

Rotel are good but IMO you can never go wrong with  Marantz.

Except I bought a Marantz AV Receiver at first but don't have a V for it (NO TVs of any kind!) to be configured with AND IT DEPENDS ON IT!! Or a Smart Phone and Bluetooth which I don't know how to do or have the equipment/services/interest for!!

John Kuthe...