Sir Ringo

thebes

Yes it's official, the British offshoot of inbred minor German princelings that ended up running Europe for a long while ,have elevated Ringo Star to a Knight of the Realm.

He joins Sir Paul, Sir Elton and Sir Mick. Combined they make up the four ugliest looking people on the planet and easily out-butt-ugly the British royals, something I thought it was impossible to do.

I can only assume his contribution to music rests on his participation in "I Am The Walrus" .

I've always wondered why that song never gave rise to more mass murderers. I know I've always wanted to throttle someone whenever I heard it.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

why do you hate the Walrus?

I think the lyrics to the song are over complicated, thus reveling the depth and nuanced genius of such songwriting. It leaves me breathless over how sublime it is and intellectually diminished at the same time.

In other words, I'm not worthy.

In the pantheon of British writing it sits high up upon the clouds, sneering down at the like of Keats and Shakespeare with jeering disregard.

5 minutes ago, thebes said:

I think the lyrics to the song are over complicated, thus reveling the depth and nuanced genius of such songwriting. It leaves me breathless over how sublime it is and intellectually diminished at the same time.

In other words, I'm not worthy.

In the pantheon of British writing it sits high up upon the clouds, sneering down at the like of Keats and Shakespeare with jeering disregard.

forget the song ... i thought you were referring to Chumley

th.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thebes said:

[Ringo] joins Sir Paul, Sir Elton and Sir Mick. Combined they make up the four ugliest looking people on the planet and easily out-butt-ugly the British royals, something I thought it was impossible to do.

If you look anything like the man featured in your avatar I would advise that your appearance provides you with no basis upon which to cast aspersions on the appearance of others.

Ah but you are wrong. Why when I walk down the street, men applaud and women swoon.

Yes you heard it right, "women swoon".

In a special meeting of the Women's Secret Society they held a vote and decided to bring back swooning just for me.

Just so you know, I was not surprised at the outcome of the vote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, thebes said:

Ah but you are wrong. Why when I walk down the street, men applaud and women swoon.

Yes you heard it right, "women swoon".

In a special meeting of the Women's Secret Society they held a vote and decided to bring back swooning just for me.

Just so you know, I was not surprised at the outcome of the vote.

Not many can keep twins, might be something to this, Na probably not.

But it was strange that yesterday I got unlucky enough to have a grand kid watch netflix for hours. I was in the kitchen doing something for a little while and noticed all the music for this cartoon was from the Beatles, every song. The cartoon had people singing and dancing to Beatles songs, I don't know if all were like this but the ones he was watching was.  It was called Noddy Toyland Detective, it was kind of shocking and quite strange.

I've got to send that picture on the right to a few friends, ask them if they like my new glasses and see what they say.

I should add one note, though, and that is that I find the trend of awarding knighthoods to musicians an encouraging departure from what they used to give them out for.  You know, rewarding piracy, imprisoning Gandhi, enslaving entire populations. etc. I still think , however, that it's never too late to bring back regicide.

• Like 1