Original Forte

ColoradoJohn

Can anyone tell me if the original Forte was sold without a Pedestal?  I found some to buy and want to make sure they are legit.  Does $180 sound fair in decent original condition?  I'm new to Klpisch and open for recommendations on what to try.  I'm using a 36 watt tube amp and prefer vintage look.

Thanks,

John 

Forte.PNG

$180 a piece would be a good deal. For a pair is a very good deal, assuming all is in working order. In the past two years I have seen one pair near me offered for less than $500. Most sellers in Az ask closer to $700. As to the pedestal question, I do not know. Others here with more in depth knowledge can advise on that.

What I mean about the pedestals: I do not know if they were originally sold without them. I have seen many used ones without. The picture you posted is a Forte I. Most I have seen for sale lack the riser. Apparently it is the first thing to go on these vintage speakers. The folks on this forum who own them, love them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoJohn said:

Can anyone tell me if the original Forte was sold without a Pedestal?  I found some to buy and want to make sure they are legit.  Does $180 sound fair in decent original condition?  I'm new to Klpisch and open for recommendations on what to try.  I'm using a 36 watt tube amp and prefer vintage look.

Thanks,

John 

If the cabinets are in good shape I'd grab them for the money, any parts needed can be gotten from Crites

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Osibisa said:

John, they came with a pedestal although one could remove them if so inclined.

forte-brochure.pdf

Yes look underneath, they should have holes where the risers were screwed on. Because of how I use mine I removed all of the risers, no big deal, buy them great price.

Welcome

I emailed one hour into the listing and someone got to them first.....bummed.  But I did find some KG4's, listening now and I like what I hear! The lister still has the ad up, marked as "sold as soon as I put them up"  My first pair and I'm already looking for more.....

I need a new radiator for the kg-4, any suggestions on new or used, and where to get one?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ColoradoJohn said:

I need a new radiator for the kg-4, any suggestions on new or used, and where to get one?

If you have the passive radiator and you just need it reconed, look into Midwest Speakers in Minnesota. They do a great job. They have done several forte II and chorus II radiators for me.

Any idea on what black paint / finish I can use to touch up the front of the KG-4?  The condition of finish is good other than two small light faded spots 2" or so.  I would like to just do a touch-up, but I want it done right.  If I have to take them apart and refinish I will.

I just sanded the cabinets and applied new stain, so I want to finish this project right.  The speakers sound great and it's fun to see them come back to life.

On 3/25/2018 at 11:27 AM, ColoradoJohn said:

I emailed one hour into the listing and someone got to them first.....bummed.  But I did find some KG4's, listening now and I like what I hear! The lister still has the ad up, marked as "sold as soon as I put them up"  My first pair and I'm already looking for more.....

I had the same issue (I live in Golden). Never heard anything back, but did see that the seller put "sold" in the description eventually. JUST TAKE THE AD DOWN!

The crazy deals like this get snatched up quickly in the Denver area.