Upgrade path with footprint limitations

Alexander

Since I am limited to a max of about 18" wide  it rules out say Cornwall's or larger speakers what might be my options for a upgrade path from the forte II's/Tangent 5000's? Money is very much a factor so say forte III's would be out of the question even if they are way better than the II's I currently have. Any ideas? I do like the forte II's very much but am I at the end of my choices with this footprint limit? Are any of the KLF-20/30 or other series in the same pall park as the forte II's?

6 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Why would you want to change to speakers that are 'in the same ballpark?'  What don't you like about the fortes?

I do like my forte II's very much, just thinking if there might be something better that I could move up to. Aside from the newer lower end the only Klipsch speakers I have ever heard first hand have been the Quartet, forte II & Chorus II family and my KLF-7 center. So I have nothing to judge by what models were better than what I have now.  With in the limits imposed on my room that is, would love to get something  like Cornwall's or La Scala's but that just ca not happen, at least for now anyway :) 

IMO the forte II's are hard to beat for their size. I personally like the Chorus models better myself but not by a huge margin. The KLF 30's are very close to the Chorus II's and there are some new upgrades available that should put them over the top; the A55-g mid drivers, Ciare 12" woofers along with standard titanium tweeter and crossover upgrades and cabinet reinforcement all together would likely have no problem besting the forte II but that is quite an investment and the 30's can be kind of hard to locate to begin with.