wristwatches

T2K

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Cell phones are not just toys for everyone.  Some people conduct business on them.  As an attorney, I'd say my cell phone is probably the best bang-for-my-buck overhead money can buy.  

Sorry Jeff, I momentarily forgot that there are people that still work.

Back in the middle 70's I took a job that required being on call 24/7.  There were no cell phones then so I had to stay close to the landline phone. Sometime later AT&T came up with a 'beeper'. It did nothing other than beep. If I was out I had to stop and find a telephone booth to call work back. Then came the pagers, then the cell phone. Over the years I grew to hate the sound of whatever device I was utilizing. So when I retired there was quite an adjustment period. It took me a good 8 hours, maybe less, to adjust to not working 12-14 hours a night. It took around two days to have my cell service stopped. And about a year before I stopped experiencing an anal tightening whenever my landline phone rang at home. Now, silent bliss.

That's where I'm at. So I need a watch that tells time.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rplace said:

No, I use a GMT style of watch with 2 or 3 time zones when I travel. I really don't want them to change automatically. I like the hacking features of good watch and actually like setting them as needed. 

I've got vinyl records that take a lot more care and feeding to play over a gazillion songs on a phone and my finger tips. Any watch over a $10 quartz drug store special is just jewelry for you arm. $50 G-shock or $50,000 Patek Philippe no difference still $40 to 49,990 too much if all you want is the time. And as Jeff @Jeff Matthewssaid you probably have a very accurate time piece already in your pocket.

An automatic watch and the watchmakers are art and artist. Amazing pieces of craftsmanship. Not for everyone I get that. But then who needs a multi-thousand dollar McIntosh vacuum tube amp or $10,000 turn table. Your money spend it how you see fit. A quartz watch is even more accurate than an automatic or manual wind...but which would you rather look at the back of? B)

breitling-cosmonaute-24h-ref-a12023-161-

SUSW400%20XL2.jpg

there's other bottom ends.. i would

rather look at...

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

l always wanted a speedmaster....

I only have  a tag heuer 2000 auto..

Nice choice. I've always wanted a Speedmaster  "Moon Watch" given its place in history and the fact you can wear it with blue jeans or a tux. I have a Seamaster Planet Ocean as my lone Omega but have come close to a speedmaster many times.

• Like 2

Just now, rplace said:

Nice choice. I've always wanted a Speedmaster  "Moon Watch" given its place in history and the fact you can wear it with blue jeans or a tux. I have a Seamaster Planet Ocean as my lone Omega but have come close to a speedmaster many times.

the last time I looked for one...

they were at all different price points..with the different choices

within speed master line up...

• Moderators
3 hours ago, T2K said:

I don't own a cell phone. I have a landline at home. I refuse to be part of the brainwashed masses that have to constantly stare at their phone.

No landline here and no phone for me, my wife spends enough time on her phone for both of us, but it also business so I don't ***** , as much.

No wristwatch for me, have a couple in the closet, no need to wear one retired, it's either day or night and that really makes no difference.

I do like the way some look but not interested, I have broke a few Timex ironman watches, it would just have to be for dress for me to wear one since I don't like jewelry.

Was glad to see Wuzzzer see this, I know he sold watches and would know what's going on.

The majority of opinions regarding Invicta is that they are "hit or miss" as goes their build quality .

If so, I would avoid it. There are many other brands that are reliable and good. I personally like Seiko, all of their lines, quatrz or mechanical. Of course it has to look decently good.

Also, I do not wear wrist watch every day. But when I do it is because I need to check up the time quickly. A few years I relied on cell phones, but I get annoyed with how much time and movements I have to make just to check the time.

And for cheap and reliable, when I do not have to care what will happen if I hit something with my watch, I have Q&Q. Got it new for peanuts, they have reliable Citizen quartz mechanism, made in Japan and the do just well. In a Seiko I the battery last a few years and the battery in Q&Q lasts for one year more or less. So what.