THE KLIPSCH MODEL & SERIAL LABEL CODES

Claude Emond

Hello everyone

I need your help to identify the year my recently acquired Klipschorn  were made. Both have the same tag inside them, but all hand written informations were erased by the years (see the picture), all I got is a serial number punched into the wood at different places. Speakers have consecutive numbers which are: 2D112 - 2D113.

Anyone can tell which year these babies were born?

2FABD219-DF88-4654-B319-326CF665B05A.jpeg

Claude, there will be another sticker with serial number and model in the top hat. As the inside of the top hat is normally shielded from sunlight the writing should be legible. Also, a photo of the crossover and especially the terminal identifier that normally contains the Balancing Network type will help the experts.

• Like 1

Claude, no need to open the bin. The serial number sticker (if it is there) will be on the outside above the terminals for the woofer where the white wires from ALK's crossover goes.

You did say earlier that the label in the top hat was the only one you could find.

And don't these speakers sound great!!

The ALK A series replacement crossover is an upgrade from the stock Klipsch crossover, but some of the gurus on the forum may advise you to replace the Solen capacitors (those black Made in France components) with other brand capacitors, but I'm not going to buy in to that discussion.

1 hour ago, Claude Emond said:

Thanks for all the infos guys, I am now positive that my Khorn were born in 1966. I love them even more. Khorn upstairs, Cornwall downstairs... I’m blessed. 🙏🏻

Those crossovers are not standard Klipsch, and they are a very nice upgrade.  They were produced to replace the Type A factory crossovers.  If you can, take a picture of the back where the mid-driver and tweeter are. I'd like to see what's in there.  You will need a flash for the tweeter.

http://www.alkeng.com/ap_xo.html

Congratulations on the Khorns!  :emotion-19:

12 hours ago, Wirrunna said:

Claude, no need to open the bin. The serial number sticker (if it is there) will be on the outside above the terminals for the woofer where the white wires from ALK's crossover goes.

You did say earlier that the label in the top hat was the only one you could find.

And don't these speakers sound great!!

The ALK A series replacement crossover is an upgrade from the stock Klipsch crossover, but some of the gurus on the forum may advise you to replace the Solen capacitors (those black Made in France components) with other brand capacitors, but I'm not going to buy in to that discussion.

Thanks Wirrunna

Above, you will see a picture of the tweeter. Didn't want to open the bottom bin since after removing all the bolts I realized that the lid is glued sealed to the frame. I'm not that curious. ;)

Question. I heard alot about the Bob Crite AA crossover, how fantastic they are. How are my ALK compared to them?

IMG_0894.jpg