THE KLIPSCH MODEL & SERIAL LABEL CODES

Claude Emond

2D112 and 113 also means the 1,012th and 1,013th Klipschorns made (unless the numbers were corrected for skipping from #21 to #121 very early in production. 

As I understand it, the Crites crossover is made like the original Type A and the ALK is a more sophisticated crossover and well suited to tube amps and allows for adjusting the output of the squawker. 

On 3/24/2018 at 12:41 AM, Claude Emond said:

Didn't want to open the bottom bin since after removing all the bolts I realized that the lid is glued sealed to the frame. I'm not that curious. ;)

Claude,

The lid or woofer hatch cover, is not glued, rather it is sealed - this thread has a good picture of the open hatch and cover

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/164785-probably-first-of-several-khorn-update-questions/&_fromLogin=1

just scroll down.

The hatch probably has not been opened since the previous owner changed to the ALK Universal Crossover and the seal is working.

How are you enjoying the K Horns ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

very confused about a pair of khorns for sale marked 2241 and 2242 serial numbers. according to all the charts i see (as far as i can understand) these would be 2022 october which is in the future. but they have ak-3 crossovers placing them in the 90s basically (oct 89 to 2001). can anyone help decipher? 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, benscribe said:

very confused about a pair of khorns for sale marked 2241 and 2242 serial numbers. according to all the charts i see (as far as i can understand) these would be 2022 october which is in the future. but they have ak-3 crossovers placing them in the 90s basically (oct 89 to 2001). can anyone help decipher? 

Do you have photos of the labels from the seller by chance?