Matching RP-260F with Center

Carbon44

I currently have RB-61 II for my front left and right channels. I was going to replace them with the RP-260F towers. I currently have the RP-250C as a center. Would that be too small to match with the towers? Or should I look at the RP-440C or 450C? Or would those be overkill? Never had a center with 4 woofers. Would 4 center woofers mellow the highs or be just right?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Carbon44

@Carbon44,

Welcome to the forum.

Give the RP-250C a good workout with the RP-260Fs and go from there.  When I first owned my RF-63s, I was using the RC-62 and it sounded pretty good.  Found a super deal on a new cherry RC-64, and it sounded great.  Noticeable difference.

Bill

Thanks for the response guys. I should have actually used the term, "over power" instead of, "overkill". Mainly meant, I wasn't sure which RP center is meant for the RP-260F's. Thought maybe they were meant for the 280s or something. While I'm on the topic I guess I'll see if anyone has any suggestions for my setup. I currently have an Atmos 5.1.4 setup with the following:

Vizio 65" P-Series(not that this matters)

Marantz SR7011

RB-61 II (front L&R)

RP-250C(Center)

RB-51 II (Rear Surround)

R-112SW(Sub)

Polk TL3 x4 (Atmos Height channels) - Will eventually replace with Klipsch but they do work very well.

I am mainly wondering if the 260 towers paired with one of the bigger centers would be a worth while upgrade. Or even if the 250C I have would be drowned out if I kept it and got the 260 towers. Would the 250 towers(they are a little cheaper and smaller and the 260s) be a downgrade from the RB-61 II fronts I have now(and keeping the 250C)? Main sitting area is about 7-8' from the display. Just a large couch centered on the tv(mounted eye level while seated) and speakers flanked accordingly. I watch tons of movies, play games, and listen to music. Currently, when I listen to music, instead of just letting it go straight stereo or all ch stereo, the Marantz let's me activate the sub for 2.0 signals since I only have bookshelf speakers for fronts. Therefore I get bass from the sub without having to add some Dolby PL Music effect over the pure 2.0 signal. Hopefully I didn't explain that in a confusing way...LOL

Also is there a huge difference in the new RP series and the older RF-xx II series? They both have the titanium tweeter. Figured I could save some money there.

Sooooo many questions...sorry...lol.

Thanks

Edited by Carbon44

On 3/23/2018 at 7:53 AM, Carbon44 said:

Thanks for the response guys. I should have actually used the term, "over power" instead of, "overkill".

Overpowering is a function of calibration, I wouldn't worry about that.  Just get the biggest one you can fit, the 450C will work fine with 260F's.  The only time people go smaller is for budget or space purposes.  Otherwise there's no reason to not get the 450C.  They're interchangeable though, any of them will work.  

16 hours ago, K5SS said:

OP, buy from this guy^^^^!

I would but I'm stuck using Amazon credit. Which leads me to my next question. Certified refurbs-- Great reviews on Amazon, everyone saying they look new, and come in original packing and all that. Are the "Certified Refurbs" refurbed by Klipsch? I know in my experience getting refurb tvs you often are getting a better QC'd product if the refurbs are done by the manufacturer. Same thing with DJI drones, phenomenal refurb program. Just wondering if its the same way with Klipsch because I could save about $200 on a RP-450C.

Thanks...and for my next upgrades I will keep you in mind.

Edited by Carbon44
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Carbon44 said:

I would but I'm stuck using Amazon credit. Which leads me to my next question. Certified refurbs-- Great reviews on Amazon, everyone saying they look new, and come in original packing and all that. 

A lot of supposed B-stock and refurbs are brand new, they just lie about it to get around advertising rules which is BS but it happens.  Some are legit tho.  Same thing happens in reverse, I know one seller who only has B stock but it looks new in the ads.  Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference, it's somewhat of a messy situation.