Scott Joplin Regional Music Celebration

Mallette

Klipsch will be with us via KI-396s and an 1802 sub.  They'll be featured at intermission as they will play a PWK recording of the great John Eargle at the Morton Theater organ that now resides in storage in the basement of the Perot Theatre, where the event will be held. Last year, a number of folks commented that it was like the instrument was restored and in the building. Of course, no surprise here.

If you are anywhere near Texarkana, join us Friday night for the "Gala Preview" party for the main even Saturday night. Special rates with half-price tickets from Hilton Garden Inn if you want a room.  Look me up if you come!

Dave

FlyerPRT.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Very nice, hope there is a great turnout. It would be great if this were to turn into a regular music event and kind of building a following of fans that come out anytime something is going on like this.

Good luck, looks like alot going on.

Very proud, methinks. We'll be doing the closing of "Treemonisha" as he intended with the Texarkana Ragtime Orchestra, soloists, and the choir of Lonoke Baptist Church where Joplin's grand niece, 98 year old LaErma White, is a member. She will be a "Guest of Honor," as it were. We are planning a repertory company to perform Treemonisha annually. 

Today's feature article in the Texarkana Gazette attached.

Dave

Gazette180323.pdf

• Like 1

While our Lifetime Achievement Award winner Dave Daily has had a phenomenal career as an educator and drummer producing many who went to national careers with big bands, rock bands like Boston, and country band like Kitty Wells, and many more, I am most excited by our Young Musician Award recipient this year. He's heavy metal, Berklee scholarship graduate, believe it or not. And, he's overcome spectacular obstacles including the life-threaten cancer he just had what we hope to be his last surgery for a couple of weeks ago.  A good read! I believe he's going to be a major player. I've heard him, and I can state I believe he's the only guitarist I've ever heard who could have equaled Hendrix in a dual improve.  He's THAT good!

Dave 

YMA.png