rip bozo the clown

dirtmudd

7 hours ago, dtel said:

About the time of these guys, Captain Kangaroo and Mr Greenjeans, after looking them up they sure look stranger than when I was a kid.

th.jpg

Did you watch them in color Elden?  Did you know that Bob Keeshan also played Clarabell the Clown on the Howdy Doody Show?

I still remember my shock when I first saw the Lone Ranger in color at the movies.  Watching all those black & white TV episodes did not prepare me for his powder blue outfit.  Apparently, the powder blue filmed better for TV under the harsh light of black & white TV cameras.

• Haha 1

I believe one of those clowns used to be a bad --- marine sargent in the invasion  of  Iwo Jima  standing up in a hail of bullets directing marines, one of them being Lee Marvin.

I saw/heard this many years ago in an interview with Lee Marvin on television.

JJK

33 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

I believe one of those clowns used to be a bad --- marine sargent in the invasion  of  Iwo Jima  standing up in a hail of bullets directing marines, one of them being Lee Marvin.

I saw/heard this many years ago in an interview with Lee Marvin on television.

JJK

That wasn't Mr Rodgers was it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

That wasn't Mr Rodgers was it?

It could have been. I remember that Marvin couldn't believe it when he found out. I just checked Google and the story proved false but I was watching Johnny Carson with Lee Marvin and he said just that about Keesham but the service records do not confirm that story.

JJK

13 hours ago, DizRotus said:

"Color TV" is a retronym, of sorts.  I doubt you can buy a black & white TV.  Dire Straits' Money For Nothing is now dated by the reference to color TVs.

It is ALSO dated by its references to MTV...which has no music videos on it anymore.

• Like 2