dubs

1 minute ago, dubs said:

@teaman have you heard the 64iii vs the 64ii? 

Nope, sorry. From all the hype on the Klipsch Owners FB group I would say that everyone that has compared them head to head has selected the III's over the II's. It sounds like the horn is less harsh on the new one. Pretty much the same thing we heard when the II came out, that is was smoother than the first.

In case you Facebook. The group leader Cory Harrison is also from this forum, and an authorized dealer so he can answer all of your questions...maybe even find you a deal.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KlipschOwners/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since you're running RF-7II, might as well stick with the matching 64II (and save money in the process) since it has the exact same 1.75" tweeter/horn.

I'm sure the 7III and 64III are an improvement in many ways, but the the 7/64II's are badass in their own right.

Unless you're not entirely pleased with the 7ii, or perhaps have an eye towards upgrading to the III series.  Then yeah I'm all for that too :D

13 hours ago, dubs said:

have you heard the 64iii vs the 64ii? 

Our own Forum member @Youthman has been doing some great work with Youtube videos on the Reference III series speakers and he has owned the RC-64 II.  He would be a great reference to ask about the differences in sound.

Here is the RC-64 III unboxing vid and you will find more from his channel on the RC-64 III sound.

• Thanks 1

BOOM!!!! Just bought the RC-64ii

Looked on audiorama website, thanks again @teaman. It was listed as $599 plus $49 shipping. Total cost was going to be $648. I researched further on a U.S. wide craigslist search, and I found one in Mission Vejo Cali for $500. Looked to be in good conditions, But they didn’t respond and it would’ve been a roll of dice if they would’ve shipped. Most likely it would’ve cost more than $50 to ship. So I called (instead of online order) audiorama and was able to talk them down to $550 and they waved the shipping.

So I did find a RC-64ii around $500 with a 30 day return policy and 90 day warranty. Money I saved will be going towards subwoofers! Goes to show, just be patient. Deals are out there. I gotta say thank you to all who have helped me with comments/links/ideas to help this dream of a 7.2.4 become closer to reality. 😎👍🏼

Now hurry up and get here!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dubs said:

So I did find a RC-64ii around $500 with a 30 day return policy and 90 day warranty.

Congrats!  That $550 shipped on a new RC-64 II is an excellent deal.  @teaman Tim has become quite the audio matchmaker!

I went to the link Tim posted and I saw your speaker but the site said "no longer available."  You must have snagged the last one.  I was trying to see if you had a new one with full factory warranty.  Even if it is used with no warranty, $550 is an excellent deal.

I think you are going to be shocked how this center will dominate the other speakers.  It will "carry" the characteristic sound in a very positive way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Congrats!  That $550 shipped on a new RC-64 II is an excellent deal.  @teaman Tim has become quite the audio matchmaker!

I went to the link Tim posted and I saw your speaker but the site said "no longer available."  You must have snagged the last one.  I was trying to see if you had a new one with full factory warranty.  Even if it is used with no warranty, $550 is an excellent deal.

I think you are going to be shocked how this center will dominate the other speakers.  It will "carry" the characteristic sound in a very positive way.

There is still one more in Cherry finish for the same price $599 plus shipping...or less if you call.

Tim

• Like 1