dubs

7 minutes ago, teaman said:

There is still one more in Cherry finish for the same price $599 plus shipping...or less if you call.

I saw the Cherry after you mentioned it.  It was listed "Used" in Condition E.  I wasn't able to figure out what Condition E was.

• Like 1

Just now, wvu80 said:

I saw the Cherry.  It was listed "Used" in Condition E.  I wasn't able to figure out what Condition E was.

They have a guide set up. E is excellent, possibly a few small imperfections or blemishes but fully functional. These were either open box or customer returns from what the guy on the phone told me. You won't find many RC-64 ii for this price though.

I check back almost daily as they are constantly posting new offers in there. They have a ton of R-110 subs listed and a bunch of powered speakers. They were selling packages with centers, towers, small surrounds and subs for like $1999. Well, since they didn't clear them out, they are breaking down the packages and selling them individually now.

I almost pulled the trigger last month when they had three separate Heresy III's listed between $419 and $443. You are not going to find a trio of H III anywhere near that price and they were all "E" as well.

I think they are almost out of the RP-280FA Atmos loaded towers but they had four listed for some time at $380. I think they sell for $1k each

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, teaman said:

They have a guide set up. E is excellent, possibly a few small imperfections or blemishes but fully functional. These were either open box or customer returns from what the guy on the phone told me. You won't find many RC-64 ii for this price though.

Agreed.  I tend to think of the original RC-64 as being worth about $600 and the 64 II at $800.  With the 64- III being released, you can now find the closeouts on the 64 II's at a great deal prices.

I check back almost daily as they are constantly posting new offers in there.

Don't you have enough stuff?  :lol:   

I bet your wife doesn't know what you really lust after, late at night on the computer.  :wub:   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Agreed.  I tend to think of the original RC-64 as being worth about $600 and the 64 II at $800.  With the 64- III being released, you can now find the closeouts on the 64 II's at a great deal prices.

Don't you have enough stuff?  :lol:   

I bet your wife doesn't know what you really lust after, late at night on the computer.  :wub:   

I just spent most of today swapping in my RB-81 where my SB-3 were in the family room and then my RB-61ii where my RB-81 were in my office. Yesterday I swapped in my KP-250 where my Gen 1 Heresy were in my basement theater area and put the Heresy into my room. The grills that came with the speakers were ratty so i took them off and installed woofer grills over them so kids and wife don't bump into them. Only thing left is to swap out my family room rear pair of SB-3 out and put in my RS-52ii. That will have to wait, wife and kids are now on their way back from Cinci...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, teaman said:

I just spent most of today swapping in my RB-81 where my SB-3 were in the family room and then...snip!

I gave you the Smiley face emoticon because I do the same thing!  I buy one darned thing and it seems like I have to rotate every other piece of equipment in the house! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I gave you the Smiley face emoticon because I do the same thing!  I buy one darned thing and it seems like I have to rotate every other piece of equipment in the house! 

I also have another project I am into, I just received another Sherbourn PT7020C4 on Thursday that I wanted to try out in two channel. I already own two of them but use them in home theater duty only.

I am using the Emotiva XDA-2 as my preamp right now for two channel and it doesn't offer controls for bass, treble, speaker levels, etc. I also really like the dual Cirrus chips that the Sherbourn uses and the fact that it has balanced outputs for my Emotiva ERC-3 CD player. Right now I run AES/EBU to my XDA-2 from the CD player and everything is powered through my Emotiva XPA-2 and Klipsch KLF-30's. I would have bought a XPS-1 reference preamp from Emotiva years ago but it offers no digital inputs and outputs, strictly analog. The Sherbourn gives me the best of both worlds. Discreet analog balanced inputs for my player plus multiple toslink so I can hook up my ipod dock with digital outputs. This processor is a beast, it weighs 43 lbs and is a masterpiece of a processor. This is basically your Sherbourn SR-120 minus the amp section with the balanced options. I did a quick mock up yesterday just to see how it sounds in two channel and I am awestruck at how well it reproduces the sound. I listened to both the ipod dock via toslink and the CD player for a few hours and they both sound better on the Sherbourn. I have not even got into the tailoring of inputs yet since this is not the intended home for it. My plan is to move it into the living room set up with my Emotiva mono block XPA-1 amps. Once I get it set up in there I will carry down a 32 inch tv so I can use the onscreen menu to set everything up. It sucks having very few front face controls to work with like I was last night. That project however will have to wait until the next time they go out of state...lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dubs said:

@wvu80 still one in cherry, if your still lookin. It comes with 30 day no hassle, and 90 day parts & pieces. Call in though. I was able to talk em down $100

Thank you, my friend.

I picked up an RF-83 package several months ago, with RC-64 and RS-62.  The whole system is run off a Marantz SR6011.  That RC-64 dominates even the RF-83's with a solid center sound.  Both of the subs have been re-assigned to other duties.

RF-83 RC-64 small pic.jpg

• Like 1

My first Klipsch product ever from 2014, RW- 12d.  I just sent it off to my son in Myrtle Beach.

The other one you can't see is a DIY Reference 15 from Parts-Express, a sealed sub I moved to the Mancave for use with the CF-4's.

In a strange way I like the Onk 717 on its side, it runs cool that way.  I currently have it stacked on top of the Emotiva XPA-5 w/some 1" risers for cooling but the Onk now runs fairly warm.

Small 00001.jpg

5 minutes ago, dubs said:

What do you think of those surrounds? They the RS-52ii’s?

The RS-62's have a little different sonic signature than the RF-83 and RC-64.  They play more neutral with a very pleasant sound, but not dynamic the way I ran them.  I had them in the Mancave running one of the TV setups as Mains.  It filled the room with a very even sound.

Will I sell them?  I'll think about it.  They don't work well with my weird living room wall which has an oblique angle in it, so there is no way to hang them on opposite walls.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dubs said:

my setup so far

That RC-64 II will be a great addition to your setup.  You have a large open space and the RC-64 II will really help to focus and center that sound from the inside out.

Use the Cinema sound mode to get more center speaker dialog clarity, and use the Music mode to send more content to the L/R.  I listen to mostly TV so I use Cinema for nearly all my listening.  I've found my Klipsch are very responsive to different audio codecs in the AVR so experiment and see what works best for you in your living room. 

Even though I've had an Onk 717 AVR since 2014 and a Marantz 6011 since January 2017 I recently tried the "voice enhance" menu choice and Dynamic Compression.  There was a substantial improvement in the clarity of the center speaker, the sound was not as thin.

• Like 1

36ddda0e4e133ac8cea4bc3066edb16a.jpg

RC-64II is up and running. Impressed with Adorama’s and it’s packaging. Came double boxed with original box inside. Even original manual with tilt rod/feet.

Ran Audyssey and sounds great, def a match with RF-7II’s. 

Here’s a quick question, I have a old 8” sub connected for my .1 but it flaps instead of punches. Wonder if it’s just better to run my setup without the sub? Any opinions would be appreciated. @wvu80, @Youthman, @MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• Like 2