Class A

ClaudeJ1

I recently sold my First Watt Aleph J Clone to a fellow Klipschter. Here is his impression:

"Got the amp today, safe and sound. Listening now and man this thing sings! At first listen it seemed like the treble was recessed compared to my F6 but after a few somgs it became apparent that even more detail was present and the Aleph sounds more holographic than the F6. I think what I perceived as less treble at first is actually less grain. I honestly didn’t expect the two to sound as different as they do. 

Even this early on, I feel like it’s safe to say that I prefer the Aleph to the F6.

Thanks for an overall pleasant transaction."

• Like 1

For critical listening, that Aleph was he best I ever had, solid state or tubes...............however, my Hypex Nc400, though different, retained much of the characteristics of the Aleph, with the addition of 10 dbWatts more output. Experimenting with Ribbon and Open Baffle speakers, which suck up the watts like you would not believe. 

We have been spoiled with Klipsch Efficiency all these years and I still have 4 Heresy's, Klipsch Center, and some (however misnamed they are) JubeScalas (with TAD 4002's)  for another round of HT.

Being that Class A gets pretty hot, dissipating 200 W at idle or more, I call it "the Ultimate Winter Amplifier/ Space Heater." Well worth it.

• Like 1