Integated Amps

hoepki

Looking for ideas on an integrated amp that I can use to run 2 Klipshorns with a belle or lascalla mid plus a sub.  Would like to have all the new wifi, bluetooth, phono, etc. plus be able to run an external power amp to the klipshorns through.  Any such beast out there for under $1000?  Thanks!

32 minutes ago, hoepki said:

Looking for ideas on an integrated amp that I can use to run 2 Klipshorns with a belle or lascalla mid plus a sub.  Would like to have all the new wifi, bluetooth, phono, etc. plus be able to run an external power amp to the klipshorns through.  Any such beast out there for under $1000?  Thanks!

Do you mean 3.1 with Belle/La Scala being center channel?

Bill

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 2:17 PM, tromprof said:

I would look for a good AVR. They will do all the above with ease.

Pioneer Elite would be my to p choice.

I am more interested in have good sound for music VS TV.  That Pioneer Elite still do it for me?  I see a SC-LX501 for $500 that has preamp output and phono.  Would that be along the lines you are suggesting, thanks!

9 hours ago, hoepki said:

Bill, did you have any suggestions?  Thanks!

On 3/25/2018 at 3:11 PM, hoepki said:

Would like to have all the new wifi, bluetooth, phono, etc. plus be able to run an external power amp to the klipshorns through.  Any such beast out there for under $1000?  Thanks!

Considering the fact that you do not need much power but still want good quality 2-channel and 3.1 channel music, let me suggest an NAD T758V3 AVR. 

No phono preamp on board, which having one is very rare for an AVR but pretty much all the requirements you mentioned in a previous post.  I have not owned this unit but do own a mid 2000's flagship AVR T773 and the T175HD pre/pro and but sound fantasic for music and movies.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8h1g9-nad-t758v3-w-manufacturers-warranty-authorized-dealer-t-758-v3-receivers

NAD T 758 V3 Front

NAD T 758 V3 Back

Not any 3.1 integrated amps out there so a multichannel AVR is the route you need to go.

Bill

On 3/25/2018 at 2:17 PM, tromprof said:

I would look for a good AVR. They will do all the above with ease.

Pioneer Elite would be my to p choice.

Problem is thew AV amps/receivers I've seem lately have NO PHONO INPUTS!! Only "line level" inputs! :-(

I have  Marantz AV receiver/amp 100WPC with Bluetooth and All the MODERN CELL PHONE bells and whistles and NO PHONO INPUTS! So I can't USE it!! Because I have RECORDS and I with to PLAY THEM! So I use my Technics with the bum speaker outputs but RCA access between it's pre and power amp stages is what I'm trying to use.

John Kuthe...

3 hours ago, willland said:

Considering the fact that you do not need much power but still want good quality 2-channel and 3.1 channel music, let me suggest an NAD T758V3 AVR. 

No phono preamp on board, which having one is very rare for an AVR but pretty much all the requirements you mentioned in a previous post.  I have not owned this unit but do own a mid 2000's flagship AVR T773 and the T175HD pre/pro and but sound fantasic for music and movies.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8h1g9-nad-t758v3-w-manufacturers-warranty-authorized-dealer-t-758-v3-receivers

NAD T 758 V3 Front

NAD T 758 V3 Back

Not any 3.1 integrated amps out there so a multichannel AVR is the route you need to go.

Bill

Thanks Bill.  I couldn't find any either but wanted to make sure before heading another direction.  Appreciate the suggestion!  Have a great Easter!  Thanks again!

On 3/25/2018 at 2:11 PM, hoepki said:

I just bought a USED McIntosh MC2105 and SHE'S SWEET! Paid "change" over $1000 for 150W RMS per, guaranteed! And it makes my La Scalas SOUND like it too! :-) YUM!!

John Kuthe...