Just found this supplier and anti vibration pads

jimjimbo

20 minutes ago, richieb said:

Can't beat the price. 

A hifi shop advertises something remarkably similar, albeit a special "formulation" rubber compound for 4x@$25. And I've nearly bought a few sets. Just nearly. Will you be using these in conjunction with cable lifts? 

Yes, I will be placing these directly under the cable lifts....:emotion-19:

Seriously though, I will be using these under components, and as part of my isolation configuration for my turntables.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, rebuy said:

Every little bit helps.

Gotta keep the sound clean.

Terrible idea, everyone knows the white/tan ones make the sound to bright, they say the clear ones are more neutral. :huh: At least they curved the wires correctly so the electrons don't scrape together during sharp curves. :emotion-21:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Been looking for an economical solution for a while, and will give these a try.  Great pricing compared to some other places I've seen.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/DiversiTech-MP-3C-Rubber-Cork-Anti-Vibration-Pad-3-x-3-x-7-8

jimbo, I've been in the construction field for over 45 years. That's a great price. Feel comfortable on your purchase. I have been using them for about 40 yrs. myself with nice results.

jimbo, I've been in the construction field for over 45 years. That's a great price. Feel comfortable on your purchase. I have been using them for about 40 yrs. myself with nice results.

Thank you, I thought that was a very good price as well. I have been looking at something like this for several months now and finally decided to pull the trigger, even though it’s not a whole lot of money… I will report on how well they work.
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Thank you, I thought that was a very good price as well. I have been looking at something like this for several months now and finally decided to pull the trigger, even though it’s not a whole lot of money… I will report on how well they work.

Where do you plan on using them?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Will put them under the feet of all of my amps, preamps, and receivers, and will figure out my turntable configuration, but I already have that pretty well isolated.

I have to ask what does it help with amps, preamps and receivers, I could understand tube amps with with internal tube parts that could break when really hot. I would think tube amps may be more sensitive to vibration but what about the others.

2 minutes ago, silversport said:

please forgive the dust...:blink:

Dust is normal, who wants to move everything around to catch everywhere, especially sensitive things like turntables. And it's nonstop, dust never sleeps. :huh:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have to ask what does it help with amps, preamps and receivers, I could understand tube amps with with internal tube parts that could break when really hot. I would think tube amps may be more sensitive to vibration but what about the others.

Tube preamps, tube amps, tube receivers.....even with SS, what does it hurt?

But it's really not about the heat, (although increased airflow is a bonus).