March For Our Lives

jimjimbo

Stunning photos from Washington DC yesterday, and very inspiring and passionate speeches from the soon to be voting generation.....I attended the March here in South Bend yesterday, and was proud to be a part of it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Skelt said:

It is their own peer group that is doing the shooting anybody bother asking why that is? Why are they shooting at themselves?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sure. they are teenagers with raging hormones and have grown up in a culture where guns settle differences and have been shown to garner attention for those who have felt slighted by society....Then again, it's only a small fraction of teens who act out in this way and they shouldn't have as easy access to guns as the numerous shooters/killers here recently exposed. Btw, my guess is that most gun deaths that aren't suicide happen among peers, regardless of age., 

the last student movement was in the 60's. Some of us may have participated.

Finding their voice. Idealistic.

They aren't trying to make things worse. not trying.  And let's face it ... what we have been doing, obviously, isn't working.

I'll refrain from going off on a huge rant.

17 minutes ago, Skelt said:

It is their own peer group that is doing the shooting anybody bother asking why that is? Why are they shooting at themselves?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Something something Pulse Nightclub , Burbank , Las Vegas , Fort Hood etc. etc. etc.

41 minutes ago, Skelt said:

Unprecidented unbridled bullying made worse by social media.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Unprecedented unbridled bullying

My daughter was / is a victim of this from 4th grade on. You're fat, ugly, stupid, ho' etc

Let's just say that the results of it has been catastrophic

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

My daughter was / is a victim of this from 4th grade on. You're fat, ugly, stupid, ho' etc

Let's just say that the results of it has been catastrophic

My youngest daughter as well.  It's horrible.   There's no respect for one another at all.  Some kids are so cruel and heartless compounded with uncaring or clueless parents.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

My youngest daughter as well.  It's horrible.   There's no respect for one another at all.  Some kids are so cruel and heartless compounded with uncaring or clueless parents.

It's mostly a breakdown of the family structure, and no real threat of any discipline.

Bullies suck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It's mostly a breakdown of the family structure, and no real threat of any discipline.

Bullies suck.

I disagree to a point. There is discipline in my home....none at school.

• Haha 1