March For Our Lives

jimjimbo

1 minute ago, EmilC said:

Rebuy does have a point here

It's very weak if we are talking gun violence.  Who is shooting up churches?  Who is calling for armed resistance to anything?  This is a digression and distraction, and it is the extremes at fault for serious violence.

21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

CNBC is a business news channel.  I never see calls to violence there.  I really don't watch CNN.  Violence?  Schoolyard taunts?  What exactly are you talking about?  Real bodily harm such as shooting up churches and robbing armored cars, murder in other words, is not coming from any mainstream.

its that "dog whistle' libs are always talking about

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Poor poor pitiful me, law abiding citizen, victim of some awful conspiracy that is not my side.  I refuse to submit.

Are you a conservative who voted for Trump? Tell that to a liberal and watch the reaction.You;re a facist , nazi, racist, homophobe, Islamaphobe, misogynist, and all around bad guy. Where do they get that from?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Although I agree the mental illness aspect should be considered, but not all gun deaths are caused by people with mental illness...

True, but as regards mental illness, one of the best ways to discourage people to get help for mental conditions is to start taking away their rights when they do so.

20 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

True, but as regards mental illness, one of the best ways to discourage people to get help for mental conditions is to start taking away their rights when they do so.

That is a valid point.  I have seen it where careers might be adversely affected.  It's another conundrum of the system.

On 3/26/2018 at 4:48 PM, WillyBob said:

the last student movement was in the 60's. Some of us may have participated.

Finding their voice. Idealistic.

They aren't trying to make things worse. not trying.  And let's face it ... what we have been doing, obviously, isn't working.

I'll refrain from going off on a huge rant.

... in the 60's. Some of us may have participated.

Let the streets be filled with 70 year olds!  ... and young people, of course. 

I'm proud of them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, garyrc said:

... in the 60's. Some of us may have participated.

Let the streets be filled with 70 year olds!  ... and young people, of course. 

I'm proud of them.

I am with you Gary.

• Like 1