FT: HIP-2 (Heresy industrial ported?)

bkevind

I picked these up last year sometime.  I hooked them up in the garage, and enjoyed them for a while, but ultimately I prefer the sound of my cheap Polks in the garage.

The HIPs get nice and loud.  Seems to be 100% functional.  The cabinets are the painted black with handle on top - they need to be repainted, lots of scuffs and dings scrapes, but the integrity of the boxes are good.

I thought I might modify them to be more like Heresy and less like PA speakers - but I'm lazy.

Really don't want to ship, and not fussed about keeping them around for when I want to change things up again, or put them on the deck for a party haha.  

Let me know what ya got for trade.  I'm not looking for much, don't really want money for them.  I overpaid in my excitement to get some kind of Heresy, but I'll not pass on my financial mistake to you lol.

Some interesting audio related thing, or maybe a decent bottle of single malt scotch would do me fine...I'm sure these have more value than that but I don't mind that.

I'll add another pic later, this is the only one I have at the moment.

20180113_122155.jpg

• Like 2

I know you say you are lazy but would you entertain shipping these? Can I ask if they have five way speaker binding posts on the rear or not?

I actually have a pair of KP-250 which are very similar and could use one as a center. Please let me know if this interests you.

Tim

2 minutes ago, teaman said:

I know you say you are lazy but would you entertain shipping these? Can I ask if they have five way binding posts or not?

I actually have a pair of KP-250 which are very similar and could use one as a center. Please let me know if this interests you.

Tim

I can't imagine these would be cost efficient to ship @ 50lbs each.  They do have 5 way binding posts.  And a fuse.  

16 minutes ago, bkevind said:

I can't imagine these would be cost efficient to ship @ 50lbs each.  They do have 5 way binding posts.  And a fuse.  

I recently shipped a pair of HI-SM to Houston and they cost me about $50 each through Fed Ex. If you would entertain that option I am all ears as to what you want for the speakers with shipping. Even a single would work....Feel free to PM me!

Thanks, Tim

Well hold on a sec.  Carrying the hipsters into the house for a sound check and pics, I heard a clunking sound from one.  WTheck?  Turns out the network is completely detached and got banged around a bit just from my carry from the garage to the house.  I don't think it got damaged, but some of the caps/components were pushed around.  I'll figure out a way to secure the network, then see if it sounds ok.  I'll open up the other one while I'm at it. 

20180328_174030.thumb.jpg.34fda77c1376f975619cc6110b6e91be.jpg

Alright.  Well I used some super strong 3M "velcro" to keep the network in place.  The other one was solid so I didn't mess with it. 

Visual inspection, it seems the network is ok, though things got pushed around a bit.

Hooked up for testing.

Hey sounds pretty good....oh wait....

I listen carefully to each driver.  The tweeter in the same one I had to velcro is not working.  I verified it's plugged in.  The woofers, squawkers and the other tweeter are working.

So there it is.  I don't know if it's the tweeter itself (most likely) or possible the network.  I'll take another look later.  Family time!

• Like 1

I'll swap the two tweeters when I have more time (to validate if it's the tweeter or the network).  Maybe later tomorrow when family stuff settles down.

If it's the tweeter...

Is the Forte II tweeter the same as the HIP-2?  I ask because I replaced my working forte II tweeters with titanium tweets.  So I have a couple of spares.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkevind said:

I'll swap the two tweeters when I have more time (to validate if it's the tweeter or the network).  Maybe later tomorrow when family stuff settles down.

If it's the tweeter...

Is the Forte II tweeter the same as the HIP-2?  I ask because I replaced my working forte II tweeters with titanium tweets.  So I have a couple of spares.

I believe they are the same tweeters but I would have to dig deeper.