Forte III vs Cornwall III vs RF7II

dgb100

Hello all.

Would like to hear relative merits of the above mentioned speakers.

I listen mostly to progressive/alternative rock/old metal (Genesis, Yes, AIC, Radiohead, Black Sabbath, etc), some jazz here and there.  Not much pop music.  Use both digital and LP sources.  Room is about 16' wide by 32' deep. Sit about 8-10' feet from speakers.  

I enjoy a big soundstage and life like representation of drums/percussion is very important.  Like to feel the slam of the bass drum right in my chest.

Have/had Forte I and KG4s so those are my Klipsch points of reference.  

Also, if anyone knows where i can audition these speakers in PA, MD, Central NY state, I'd appreciate it.  I'm right in the middle of PA which is a hi-fi wasteland.

Thanks a lot!

Hello all.
Would like to hear relative merits of the above mentioned speakers.
I listen mostly to progressive/alternative rock/old metal (Genesis, Yes, AIC, Radiohead, Black Sabbath, etc), some jazz here and there.  Not much pop music.  Use both digital and LP sources.  Room is about 16' wide by 32' deep. Sit about 8-10' feet from speakers.  
I enjoy a big soundstage and life like representation of drums/percussion is very important.  Like to feel the slam of the bass drum right in my chest.
Have/had Forte I and KG4s so those are my Klipsch points of reference.  

Also, if anyone knows where i can audition these speakers in PA, MD, Central NY state, I'd appreciate it.  I'm right in the middle of PA which is a hi-fi wasteland.
Thanks a lot!

Having never heard the modern stuff, I would choose Cornwalls.I know the riches of Heritage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between the Forte 1 and the KG4, which did you prefer? Your answer here will decide your path.

I am leaning toward the dual woofer design from personal experience. But you may miss the midrange definition of the Forte. Always a trade-off.

Sabbath and Alice In Chains... nice. Snowblind and The Rooster!

The only thing that punches harder than dual woofers is a folded bass horn like that of the LaScala. But YOU will need subs to satisfy the bass requirement. 

You owe it to yourself to audition them all before deciding.

I sold a pair of Cornwalls to a guy that already had RF-7’s.

I also sold a pair of CF-3’s to guy that had KLF-30’s, when I demo’d the LaScalas (AFTER the money changed hands) he was blown away. 

Just call Klipsch direct at 800-544-1482 and have them get in touch with the Regional Rep for that area.  The Rep should know which models his dealers stock in that area and maybe there is one a reasonable distance away.  I know I wouldn't spend that kind of money on speakers without taking the time to listen to them somewhere first.  (like another person on the forum did with some Heritage speakers) 

I listened to both the Forte 3 and Cornwall 3 before buying the C3.  ..If you are space or budget constrained, then you'll love the F3's.  ..But if space and budget allow, there was no mistaking that the C3's sound more dynamic, and extend lower.  ..Pretty much what one would expect given the larger enclosure, etc..  Prog rock will sound awesome on either.  (as would any other type of music :)

I listened and purchased mine from worldwide stereo near philadelphia.  ..Very nice people.  Both were in stock when I went to audition, but it would be best to make an appt. so they can have both pairs on hand.

their website: https://worldwidestereo.com

here's a pic of my Cornwall III's.

DSC_0845.jpg

12 minutes ago, ODS123 said:

I listened to both the Forte 3 and Cornwall 3 before buying the C3.  ..If you are space or budget constrained, then you'll love the F3's.  ..But if space and budget allow, there was no mistaking that the C3's sound more dynamic, and extend lower.  ..Pretty much what one would expect given the larger enclosure, etc..  Prog rock will sound awesome on either.  (as would any other type of music :)

I listened and purchased mine from worldwide stereo near philadelphia.  ..Very nice people.  Both were in stock when I went to audition, but it would be best to make an appt. so they can have both pairs on hand.

DSC_0845.jpg

Very nice room. Your speakers match the cabinet, did you plan that, or just got lucky?

9 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Very nice room. Your speakers match the cabinet, did you plan that, or just got lucky?

Thanks!   The great room was planned around my system, which includes this built-in cherry cabinetry.    At the time, my speakers were Paradigm S8 v2's, in Cherry.  ..Thankfully, the Cornwall's in Cherry matched every bit as nicely.

• Like 1

I love those old Stereo Review cartoons.  They came out with a book of Charles Rodriquez cartoons from SR back in 1988 but they go for higher than a cats a$$ now.  I shoulda bought one way back when.  He also did lots of stuff for National Lampoon.  Ahhhh....the good ol' days.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ODS123 said:

It's important to point out that I was able to listen to BOTH of these side by side in the same listening room with little time elapsing b/c comparisons.   ..Listening environment contributes greatly to how a speaker sounds.  I'd be a bit skeptical of any comparison that was made in different settings.  

44 minutes ago, ODS123 said:

DSC_0845.jpg

Props for Neil Young and Talking Heads..........image.gif.b7669756eff85a84ed165ee402c085bd.gif

• Moderators
3 hours ago, willland said:

All three different animals but excellent in their own right.

Bill

This is very true, My choice would be either the Forte lll or Cornwall, but I am biased and like the Heritage over Rf. In a 16' x 32' room either would work, I have little experience with the Rf line.