will RP-450C match RF-82 Mk1?

AntiLoading

I just purchased a pair of used RF-82s Mk1(Ref IV) for $478

I need to upgrade my current center (Jamo S 62 CEN)

I know the RC-62 Mk1 is the "perfect match" but at this point it is both very dificult to find an Mk1 and it is also too high for my TV bench.

Perfect fit dimension wise is the RP-450C (hight 6.81 my maximum avaiable hight is 7.3 inch)

But I wonder how good they will sound together, my guess is they will have different crossover frequency?

Edited by AntiLoading
  • Like 1

@AntiLoading,

Welcome to the forum.

Unless you have a super trained pair of ears, I bet the timbre difference will not be "that" noticeable.  My RC-64 and RF-63's have different crossover frequencies but the timbre difference is barely detectable during most media playback.

Bill

I compared once my RP-280F to RB-81 Mk2's.

The voices sounded different and I could hear the difference very clear, so I (my personal opinion) wouldn't combine the 2 series...

Ofc the RP-450C will fit better then the Jamo center, but I don't think, that he could reach a center out of the same line.

The reference premier stuff is more laid back than the reference II.  As one example, I pitted an RS-62II up against an RP-250S before and measured them, there was something like a 3 db gain above 4,500 hz on the RS-62II.  It will be close but if you pay attention those towers will be brighter than the center.  Whether that's good or bad is up to you. :)  

• AntiLoading changed the title to will RP-450C match RF-82 Mk1?

1 hour ago, willland said:

@AntiLoading,

Welcome to the forum.

Unless you have a super trained pair of ears, I bet the timbre difference will not be "that" noticeable.  My RC-64 and RF-63's have different crossover frequencies but the timbre difference is barely detectable during most media playback.

Bill

?ui=2&ik=078905c1f5&view=att&th=1627447d0ac62692&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=ii_jfd7d6by0_1627447d0ac62692&zw

I'm not sure about my ears. I think I will place a order for the RP-450C and hope for the best.

in the future I would like to upgrade my front speakers to RP-280FA if I can find a good deal, but here in Sweden they are pricey, $2870

I don't understand why they are so much more expensive than RP-280F + RP-140SA bought separately ($1494 +$716 = $2210)

And if I one day do that upgrade the center would be a perfect match :)

the only way to fit a higher/thicker center now would be to wall mount my TV, and the wall there is just thin plywood that I would not trust (there were previously a door opening there and previous owner closed it in the cheapest possible way)

• 1 month later...

I hate to cover these beautiful speakers with the grill, but I woul'd be so sad if my two year old daughter destroyed them.

by the way she loves the sound too, if I turn the music off she gets angry and gives me the remote to put the music back on :)

my wife hates when I buy new speakers, but both with the RF-82 Mk1 and RP-450C she have not been complaining, she just says I have to sell the old ones :)

(my daughter is sitting on a Jamo SW 410 E that I just tried if it was working, she quickly juped off when the base kicked in :D )

2018-05-17 16.24.04_preview.jpeg

Edited by AntiLoading