My first Klipsch Center!

Aguero90

Hi all! Let me first say I am visually impaired, so can't take pics of what I'm going to tell you, but will describe it and give you info so you can help me. I'm looking to buy a Klipsch center on Tuesday, right now I can't swing l and r Klipsch to match, using Onkyo Surrounds from a HTS5800 package. I'm trying to decide between the RP440c and the RC62. Here's my setup: Sharp Aquos 80 inch, on top of a 83 inch Inovex oxfard Tempered glass stand. My question is would the RC62 fit on the shelf below the tv? It says shelf is 9 inches, and speaker hight is 8. Any ideas would be great! Also thought of RC52 or 250C.

@Aguero90,

Welcome to the forum.

IMO, you should decide what left and right speakers you plan to buy and consider which is the matching center speaker.

If you get the RC-62 then consider the RF-62/82 floorstanders or RB-61/81 bookshelf speakers.  Highly recommended to timbre match your front three speakers  Also consider one of the RP centers if you will eventually get the floorstanders or bookshelf speakers from the RP(Reference Premiere) line.  Not the "best" to mix and match from different lines of speakers.

Bill

2 hours ago, Aguero90 said:

My question is would the RC62 fit on the shelf below the tv? It says shelf is 9 inches, and speaker hight is 8.

Yes it would fit but not much room to tilt, up or down, if needed.

Bill

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, willland said:

@Aguero90,

Welcome to the forum.

IMO, you should decide what left and right speakers you plan to buy and consider which is the matching center speaker.

If you get the RC-62 then consider the RF-62/82 floorstanders or RB-61/81 bookshelf speakers.  Highly recommended to timbre match your front three speakers  Also consider one of the RP centers if you will eventually get the floorstanders or bookshelf speakers from the RP(Reference Premiere) line.  Not the "best" to mix and match from different lines of speakers.

Bill

Yes it would fit but not much room to tilt, up or down, if needed.

Bill

Thanks Bill! My goal is to get the best center and eventually upgrade surrounds. Which would you recommend between the RC62 and RP440C? Both specks seem the same.

51 minutes ago, Aguero90 said:

Thanks Bill! My goal is to get the best center and eventually upgrade surrounds. Which would you recommend between the RC62 and RP440C? Both specks seem the same.

Again, I highly suggest you figure out what center your stand can accommodate and get the matching fronts to go with it when you can afford to.    IMO, the surrounds should be the last pieces of the puzzle.  Pick which center speaker with the intent of getting the matching fronts in the future.  Or wait, save $$$, and look for a deal on the matching L-C-R or entire setup.

If you were to get either center RC-62 or RP-440C now, then when you plugged it into your system, it would easily overpower your Onkyo HTiB speakers and not be even close in timbre matching.

Bill

25 minutes ago, willland said:

Again, I highly suggest you figure out what center your stand can accommodate and get the matching fronts to go with it when you can afford to.    IMO, the surrounds should be the last pieces of the puzzle.  Pick which center speaker with the intent of getting the matching fronts in the future.  Or wait, save $$$, and look for a deal on the matching L-C-R or entire setup.

If you were to get either center RC-62 or RP-440C now, then when you plugged it into your system, it would easily overpower your Onkyo HTiB speakers and not be even close in timbre matching.

Bill

I know, but right now, my left and rights are overpowering the small center, so I figured for now, I could get the RC62, and then get the two fronts. If I had the $$, I would buy the RC package. I've never owned a Klipsch of any kind, so I'm pretty excited

4 hours ago, Aguero90 said:

I'm trying to decide between the RP440c and the RC62.

Welcome to the Klipsch forums!  :emotion-19:

My general advice is for you to get the best center speaker you can afford.

My specific advice between those two is to get the RC-62.  I am a fan of center speakers with 6"-7" woofers, and the Reference Series is a step above the Reference Premier.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Aguero90 said:

I know, but right now, my left and rights are overpowering the small center, so I figured for now, I could get the RC62, and then get the two fronts. If I had the $$, I would buy the RC package. I've never owned a Klipsch of any kind, so I'm pretty excited

I get it, when the time is right.

Where is your geographic location?

Bill

30 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Welcome to the Klipsch forums!  :emotion-19:

My general advice is for you to get the best center speaker you can afford.

My specific advice between those two is to get the RC-62.  I am a fan of center speakers with 6"-7" woofers, and the Reference Series is a step above the Reference Premier.

Yes, and I like the port on the front. I was just worried about hight, but the specks on the 83 inovex says 9 high, so it should fit. Having the 80 inch sharp aquos is amazing, but not having a great center throws it all off for me, and being visually impaired, my ears are great!

• Like 1

Sounds like your mind is made up, get the 62 and enjoy. Get the matching front left and right when/if you can.

In ending being visually impaired I would think the timber of a speaker you hear to stand out more than a person without visual impairment.

My feeling is your new 62 center is going to sound amazing and your left and right that once maybe sounded good to you will no longer after adding the Klipsch RC 62 center. Perhaps causing you to not think the Klipsch sounds as good as it does.

Like others suggest surrounds should be a very last expenses in your system. Matching LCR, maybe a decent subwoofer then surrounds last.

There's enough used Klipsch equipment for sale you should be able to put together a really nice sounding system on the cheap.

Best of luck!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Joe01880 said:

Sounds like your mind is made up, get the 62 and enjoy. Get the matching front left and right when/if you can.

In ending being visually impaired I would think the timber of a speaker you hear to stand out more than a person without visual impairment.

My feeling is your new 62 center is going to sound amazing and your left and right that once maybe sounded good to you will no longer after adding the Klipsch RC 62 center. Perhaps causing you to not think the Klipsch sounds as good as it does.

Like others suggest surrounds should be a very last expenses in your system. Matching LCR, maybe a decent subwoofer then surrounds last.

There's enough used Klipsch equipment for sale you should be able to put together a really nice sounding system on the cheap.

Best of luck!!

My setup is: Pioneer VSX832, and I've got a Polk PSW 12 inch. Right now I'm using this TruAudio center that's only 175 watts peak, so I'm very excited to get the rc62! There's a pair of rf62 speakers on Ebay for $299 I think I saw, but can't swing them and get new center. Thanks guys for all your help! As I like to say about video games graphics, "sound is my graphics."

My setup is: Pioneer VSX832, and I've got a Polk PSW 12 inch. Right now I'm using this TruAudio center that's only 175 watts peak, so I'm very excited to get the rc62! There's a pair of rf62 speakers on Ebay for $299 I think I saw, but can't swing them and get new center. Thanks guys for all your help! As I like to say about video games graphics, "sound is my graphics."

That Klipsch center is rated at 150 wats rms.

Wattage is not what makes a speaker sound good, the quality of the speaker and CLEAN power is what makes a speaker sound good. The pioneer amp is ok, I would consider an upgrade to it if you want a better sounding system. If you like pioneer (I do) I would suggest something in the SC elite line ending with a 5 in the model... Again, you can find something near newbin pioneer elite receivers at great prices online or refurbished . Try accessories4less.

55 minutes ago, Joe01880 said:

That Klipsch center is rated at 150 wats rms.
Wattage is not what makes a speaker sound good, the quality of the speaker and CLEAN power is what makes a speaker sound good. The pioneer amp is ok, I would consider an upgrade to it if you want a better sounding system. If you like pioneer (I do) I would suggest something in the SC elite line ending with a 5 in the model... Again, you can find something near me pioneer elite receivers at great prices online or refurbished . Try accessories4less.

Thanks, I just bought this AV, so I'll be using it for a while. I had an Onkyo AV that blew its decoder chip in a year! I'm a video game guy and movie guy, as well as baseball and other sports, not much music playing, huge movie library, I look forward to testing out the RC62 with some lightsaber duels.

5 hours ago, dubs said:

RC-52 over 250. Or get RP-450C. If not that step up to RC-62/64. Check Adorama. 

I'm pretty sure I'll get Rc62, the RC64 is 8`

5 hours ago, dubs said:

RC-52 over 250. Or get RP-450C. If not that step up to RC-62/64. Check Adorama. 

The RC64, although 8 inches high as well, would be great, but is out of my budget right now. Amazon has the Rc62 for $324.

• Like 1

The RC64, although 8 inches high as well, would be great, but is out of my budget right now. Amazon has the Rc62 for $324.

Look on craigslist for speakers, no need to pay sticker price on cars or speakers!I had to drive an hour in to Maine to get them but I bought my RF 7's for $500 for the pair.

59 minutes ago, Joe01880 said:

Look on craigslist for speakers, no need to pay sticker price on cars or speakers!I had to drive an hour in to Maine to get them but I bought my RF 7's for $500 for the pair.

Ah, see, I can't drive, being visually impaired, so I usually do all my shopping online. My family is great, but they won't drive me around just to pay lower price, plus, I'm not a fan of buying used, don't know why, just a thing I guess. Lol.