My first Klipsch Center!

Aguero90

4 hours ago, Aguero90 said:

Would the RP160s work well with the RP440c?

I have never heard either one so I can't offer a definitive opinion.

In general I like speakers that have a 6-7" woofer.  They tend to produce a characteristic sound that I like.

I own an RC-64, RS-62's and a really nice MTM center that features a pair of Usher 7" woofers and a 1" dome tweeter.  All are high quality, and all produce a sound with 6" to 7" woofers I find accurate for both music and voice, especially voice.

18 hours ago, wvu80 said:

In general I like speakers that have a 6-7" woofer.  They tend to produce a characteristic sound that I like.

I own an RC-64, RS-62's and a really nice MTM center that features a pair of Usher 7" woofers and a 1" dome tweeter.  All are high quality, and all produce a sound with 6" to 7" woofers I find accurate for both music and voice, especially voice.

Counting down round 2!! I'm thinking since this one is 26 inches long, and I want to get it as centered with the 80 inch tv as possible, I'm going to move Ps4 and Tivo box all the way to the left next to the AV, then simply slide the rp440 in from right to left, makes it easier since all the power strips are on the left side and behind anyway. Right now for some odd reason, I've got my AV at one end, and ps4 and Tivo at the other. I'm so excited! Lol, having the RC62 for a minute was like a in house test! :)

• Like 2

On 04/05/2018 at 12:52 AM, wvu80 said:

Speaker is amazing!! I don't have a PSL meter, should I keep all speakers at the 0 sound level? The VSX832 goes from 0 to 12 on the sound level.

Speaker is amazing!! I don't have a PSL meter, should I keep all speakers at the 0 sound level? The VSX832 goes from 0 to 12 on the sound level.

Get a decent sound meter, eBay is a good option for a nice one that Radio Shack use to sell...0 to 12 means nothing without knowing the many variables that only being in your room could tell but basically setting volume levels to reference levels or near will work nicely. Somewhere around 87 decibles on a good meter providing the amp in your receiver doesn't start clipping the speakers at that level or if it's to loud for the room and other family members. Reference levels in smaller rooms can be painful.First I'd let the MACC auto tuner have a crack at setting your speakers and fine tune from there..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Joe01880 said:

Get a decent sound meter, eBay is a good option for a nice one that Radio Shack use to sell...0 to 12 means nothing without knowing the many variables that only being in your room could tell but basically setting volume levels to reference levels or near will work nicely. Somewhere around 87 decibles on a good meter providing the amp in your receiver doesn't start clipping the speakers at that level or if it's to loud for the room and other family members. Reference levels in smaller rooms can be painful.First I'd let the MACC auto tuner have a crack at setting your speakers and fine tune from there..

Did the auto, they set them all to "6." Sounds great to me!! btw, this speaker even set at 80 hz, and "small," puts out amazing bass!! I had forgotten to turn on sub, and thought it was on!!

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Did you notice much difference between the RC62 and you RP440c? Both excellent centers.

Congrats on getting the speaker home and hooked up....enjoy.

I don't hear no difference, and my ears are amazing! These Onkyo fronts must be really good, because they blend in nice, and the center doesn't drown anything out. Got it centered perfect with the 80 aquos. Lol, my mom wants to watch a ton of movies tomorrow. btw, The Impossible is an amazing movie if you've never seen it.

Just now, Aguero90 said:

I don't hear no difference, and my ears are amazing! These Onkyo fronts must be really good, because they blend in nice, and the center doesn't drown anything out. Got it centered perfect with the 80 aquos. Lol, my mom wants to watch a ton of movies tomorrow. btw, The Impossible is an amazing movie if you've never seen it.

It's nice when all the speakers play well together. Even some commercials sound good nowadays. I'll check out The Impossible. 

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

It's nice when all the speakers play well together. Even some commercials sound good nowadays. I'll check out The Impossible. 

Great movie, anotheer awesome one is Like Sunday, Like Rain, a title that when you find out why it's called that near the end of the movie, you'll say, "why didn't I figure that out!" If you like laughs, also check out The Super with Joe Pesci.

• Like 1

I had 4 RP-160’s with a RP-450 center and I thought they sounded amazing! I even had some time with them next to my Palladium front stage and they handled their own.

I was always a huge Reference II fan but I think the RP series is a step above.

You will love the new center, especially when you add some RP-150 or RP-160’s into the mix. Congratulations on the new center!

1 hour ago, K5SS said:

I had 4 RP-160’s with a RP-450 center and I thought they sounded amazing! I even had some time with them next to my Palladium front stage and they handled their own.

I was always a huge Reference II fan but I think the RP series is a step above.

You will love the new center, especially when you add some RP-150 or RP-160’s into the mix. Congratulations on the new center!

Yes! After my mlb all-star game trip in July, I'll be ready to get some fronts by September! Lol, The Hyatt Place dc national mall hotel isn't cheap, and I booked a 880 foot suite, so all money goes towards that and the 3 game tickets (I called the mlb office, explaining I'm visually impaired and like to sit behind the netting at games, they're going to give me 3 tickets that they order for clients, pretty cool stuff!!) So no more spending for me. :)

• Like 1

Yes! After my mlb all-star game trip in July, I'll be ready to get some fronts by September! Lol, The Hyatt Place dc national mall hotel isn't cheap, and I booked a 880 foot suite, so all money goes towards that and the 3 game tickets (I called the mlb office, explaining I'm visually impaired and like to sit behind the netting at games, they're going to give me 3 tickets that they order for clients, pretty cool stuff!!) So no more spending for me. [emoji4]

That's so cool, I hope you have a blast. If you find yourself with an extra ticket I live in Boston and I'm from Baltimore. I can always meet you in D.C. [emoji16]

I know there no chance of that happening but just in case I wanted to call shotgun!!

4 hours ago, Joe01880 said:

That's so cool, I hope you have a blast. If you find yourself with an extra ticket I live in Boston and I'm from Baltimore. I can always meet you in D.C. emoji16.png

I know there no chance of that happening but just in case I wanted to call shotgun!!

Good job! I'm a Yanks fan, haven't missed a radio broadcast since I was 8 in 1998, innings maybe, but always tuned in! :)

On 04/05/2018 at 12:52 AM, wvu80 said:

I'm going to get the tower speakers for my mains when I have the extra money. You think the RP250f would go nice with the 440c? I think towers would go nice with 440c, since my center is on the shelf, which would be level with floor standers.

38 minutes ago, Aguero90 said:

I'm going to get the tower speakers for my mains when I have the extra money. You think the RP250f would go nice with the 440c? I think towers would go nice with 440c, since my center is on the shelf, which would be level with floor standers.

Please remember, I have not heard either one. 

The RP-440c seems to be the best center Klipsch has right now.  It was designed to be used with the rest of the Reference Premier lineup which includes the RP-250f.  Those two should work very well together.

If another Klipschite weighs in who has owned those two together, I would consider their opinion higher than mine.