My first Klipsch Center!

Aguero90

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Please remember, I have not heard either one. 

The RP-440c seems to be the best center Klipsch has right now.  It was designed to be used with the rest of the Reference Premier lineup which includes the RP-250f.  Those two should work very well together.

If another Klipschite weighs in who has owned those two together, I would consider their opinion higher than mine.

I saw at bestbuy today Klipsch Icon kf28, 2 8 inch drivers, $199 each. Looked like a nice deal, but since I have RP center, I was afraid to mix! :)

1 minute ago, Aguero90 said:

I saw at bestbuy today Klipsch Icon kf28, 2 8 inch drivers, $199 each. Looked like a nice deal, but since I have RP center, I was afraid to mix! :)

There is no BB where I live.  What kind of return policy to they have?  Can you try them for a few weeks, return after 30 days if you don't like them?

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

There is no BB where I live.  What kind of return policy to they have?  Can you try them for a few weeks, return after 30 days if you don't like them?

Best Buy has an absolutely awful return policy.  They have been written up many times in various consumer publications for having ridiculously inconsistent policy, store to store, manager to manager......I would simply suggest that you do your homework, ask questions before purchasing anything there.

59 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Best Buy has an absolutely awful return policy.  They have been written up many times in various consumer publications for having ridiculously inconsistent policy, store to store, manager to manager......I would simply suggest that you do your homework, ask questions before purchasing anything there.

Yeah, if I did get the Klipsch kf28 speakers, amazon has them for a bit more, wouldn't buy at bb! My thing was being afraid to mix RP center with the towers from that Icon line, specks and driver size seems nice qhan the RP260fs, nd a nice bit cheaper!

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I don't think I would mix the RP line with the Icon line, stay with the RP series, they will blend seamlessly.

Ok. I'd most likely go with the 250f then. That $199 each for the icons caught my eye... or in my case, my ears! I've got an autographed bat by Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez of the Yanks up for sale, so if I can get a sale, I won't have to wait until August to buy the towers! Wish me luck! lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

It sounds like you're quite the Yankee fan. How are they doing this year so far?

My team, the Reds, aren't looking so great :mellow:

Huge Yanks fan! If you want to hear something really awesome and funny, 4 years ago I made my firs qive call to xm radios mlb channel, I recorded it and uploaded it. If you google, "me live on xm mlb channel yourlisten.com" you'll get to hear it! By the time I was done, they told me I was the caller of the year lol! Yanks are 7-7 right now, slow start, huge expectations for the year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aguero90 said:

Well, I can't believe it, but the center 440c sounds even better now than it did when I first got it! I guess it's fully broken in! Now, of course, I can't wait to get the towers! I'm going with the RP260f, as soon as I can swing the money. :)

That combo will really sing, glad it worked out.

I was going to go with the 250fs, but figured since I hve the middle of the line 440c, I should do the 260f! Lol, don't know if that's good logic or not, figured the 280fs might be a bit overkill.. still going back and forth a bit I must admit! Once I'm ready to go guess I'll have to make up my mind between 260 and 280! Either way, I'm sure they'll look amazing flanking my 80 inch tv! :)

16 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Reminds me of an old saying my Dad used to say, in regards to the size of his jeans....

I wear a size 34

But a 36 feels so good

I buy a 38

If you got the 280s, it would take a lot of the "what ifs" out of question.

True!! I just saw on Ebay the 280s for $319 each, but it's chip and dent, I never bought something like that before, but if I had the $638 at this moment, I might hve been tempted, aren't the 280s normally $1200 for the pair?

37 minutes ago, Aguero90 said:

Well, my old Onkyo bookshelfs died today, litterally no sound! So now I need to get tower speakers next week when I get paid, no time to save money. I've got $400 to spend... what should I do?

Where are you located?  That $400 is Heresy and Heresy II territory if you are considering Klipsch Legacy speakers on the used market.

If it were me and I were you, you've already got a nice RP-440c.  I'd run your sound through that until you have the cash to get what you really want.

26 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Where are you located?  That $400 is Heresy and Heresy II territory if you are considering Klipsch Legacy speakers on the used market.

If it were me and I were you, you've already got a nice RP-440c.  I'd run your sound through that until you have the cash to get what you really want.

I would have to }it until August. I'm in Northampton PA btw, but I can't drive anywhere being visually impaired, so would have to get anything I buy shipped. I was thinking of getting the Icon kf28s, at least until later when I can upgrade to RP280s. Would you go with those, or the used ones you mentioned?

24 minutes ago, Aguero90 said:

I would have to wait until August. I'm in Northampton PA btw, but I can't drive anywhere being visually impaired, so would have to get anything I buy shipped. I was thinking of getting the Icon kf28s, at least until later when I can upgrade to RP280s. Would you go with those, or the used ones you mentioned?

Before we get to the specific speaker choice, I'd like you to use Search Tempest for your zip and search on Klipsch, see what's out there. 

If you find something in your price range and close to you (I don't know your area) get back to us so we can comment on how it might fit your needs and budget.  For a small fee some Sellers will deliver if they are close by.

https://www.searchtempest.com/search?location=18067&maxDist=200&region_us=1&search_string=Klipsch+&keytype=adv&Region=na&cityselect=zip&page=0&category=8&subcat=sss&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max&minYear=min&maxYear=max&q=Klipsch++"for+sale"

32 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Before we get to the specific speaker choice, I'd like you to use Search Tempest for your zip and search on Klipsch, see what's out there. 

If you find something in your price range and close to you (I don't know your area) get back to us so we can comment on how it might fit your needs and budget.  For a small fee some Sellers will deliver if they are close by.

https://www.searchtempest.com/search?location=18067&maxDist=200&region_us=1&search_string=Klipsch+&keytype=adv&Region=na&cityselect=zip&page=0&category=8&subcat=sss&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max&minYear=min&maxYear=max&q=Klipsch++"for+sale"

Nothing really close to me, as far as I can tell. Looks like cloest stuff on Craiglist is about 50 miles.

1 hour ago, Aguero90 said:

Nothing really close to me, as far as I can tell. Looks like cloest stuff on Craiglist is about 50 miles.

It was worth a look but I know what you mean.  I live in West Virginia where the closest Klipsch is usually in the next state!  If I want used Klipsch it is a two hour drive to almost anywhere.

Let's get to your other questions in the morning, for me anyway.  Tired.  B)