My first Klipsch Center!

Aguero90

17 hours ago, Aguero90 said:

since I heard rc62 and loved it, and you've got the rc64 which is amazing I'm sure, what about the rc52? That would fit!!

I haven't heard either the RC-62 or the RC-52.  From what I've read from others who have owned both the RC-62 is substantially better than the 52. 

Even though I have an RC-64 it isn't "better" than the RC-62, it just does the same job in a little different way.  For instance it might handle more power and play louder, but who cares?  There is never a time when I play my center speaker so loud I think I need something bigger.  I also have a center speaker with an Usher 1" dome tweeter and two 7" Usher woofers and it sounds every bit as clear as the RC-64.

I'll try to find an on-line picture of your Innovex TV stand and see if there are other options for center speaker placement.  I hate to have you compromise on the quality of sound you know you like.

Edit:  Is your stand any of these?

http://www.innovexhome.com/#templatemo-portfolio

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Innovex-Oxford-TV-Stand-83-Inch-Black/22204027

+++

Here is my Dayton Audio MTM center with the Usher drivers, with a 47" TV on top.  This particular speaker setup produced an outstanding sound stage.

IMG_3713 - Copy.JPG

This is my current living room setup with the RF-83's and RC-64.

5ab823f1ae6a0_RF-83RC-64smallpic.thumb.jpg.a3647ca627d236f7c3ccc036557c687b.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I haven't heard either the RC-62 or the RC-52.  From what I've read from others who have owned both the RC-62 is substantially better than the 52. 

Even though I have an RC-64 it isn't "better" than the RC-62, it just does the same job in a little different way.  For instance it might handle more power and play louder, but who cares?  There is never a time when I play my center speaker so loud I think I need something bigger.  I also have a center speaker with an Usher 1" dome tweeter and two 7" Usher woofers and it sounds every bit as clear as the RC-64.

I'll try to find an on-line picture of your Innovex TV stand and see if there are other options for center speaker placement.  I hate to have you compromise on the quality of sound you know you like.

Edit:  Is your stand any of these?

http://www.innovexhome.com/#templatemo-portfolio

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Innovex-Oxford-TV-Stand-83-Inch-Black/22204027

+++

Here is my Dayton Audio MTM center with the Usher drivers, with a 47" TV on top.  This particular speaker setup produced an outstanding sound stage.

IMG_3713 - Copy.JPG

This is my current living room setup with the RF-83's and RC-64.

5ab823f1ae6a0_RF-83RC-64smallpic.thumb.jpg.a3647ca627d236f7c3ccc036557c687b.jpg

The Walmart link is the one! The thing that stops anything higeer than 8 inches is the lip openings, sliding them in from the sides would work, but there's bars that go from bam to front which block them from making it in. So even though it's 9 inches per shelf, it's really less than 8 because of those factors. That dayton sounds like it would be nice, but I'd have to check the hight. btw, I put my rp440c up on Ebay, do you think $400 or best offer is a fair deal, it only being 30 days old?

26 minutes ago, Aguero90 said:

There's a chip and dent rp450c for $325!! I think I'll jump all over that when I sell the 440c!

I did a quick price check for the 450:

New: $650 (amazon)

New: $545 (amazon)

Used:

Refurb: $450

Open Box:  $400 Safeandsoundhq

That $325 looks like the best price I've seen, but check shipping.  Can you pick that one up?  Even if you sold your 440 for the same price you have upgraded your center.

50 minutes ago, Aguero90 said:

The Walmart link is the one! The thing that stops anything higeer than 8 inches is the lip openings, sliding them in from the sides would work, but there's bars that go from bam to front which block them from making it in.

Can you put the Center speaker on the top shelf and put the tv on top of the center?  They are made to withstand tv's being put on them.

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Can you put the Center speaker on the top shelf and put the tv on top of the center?  They are made to withstand tv's being put on them.

I thought of that when I had the rc62 for a day, thing is, I'd be afraid to do it, because I have that Sharp 80UQ17U tv, and being I paid $3300 for it, I wouldn't want to chance anything crazy happening! I put my 440c at $325 not including shipping, if it doesn't sell I'll list as auction when it ends. The 450c for $325 is free shipping!!

1 hour ago, Aguero90 said:

I have that Sharp 80UQ17U tv, and being I paid $3300 for it, I wouldn't want to chance anything crazy happening!

Nice!  I don't blame you for not wanting to take a chance.

Still there are other options.  You could get that TV mounted on the wall, and there are shelves that would fit over the center box and take the full load.

After a quick check at Amazon I found this.  I'm not recommending this particular one, I'm just saying they're out there.

https://www.amazon.com/Prosumers-Choice-Bamboo-Rotating-Entertainment/dp/B01LZS2KD9/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1526410575&sr=8-2&keywords=tv+shelves+for+flat+screens

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Nice!  I don't blame you for not wanting to take a chance.

Still there are other options.  You could get that TV mounted on the wall, and there are shelves that would fit over the center box and take the full load.

After a quick check at Amazon I found this.  I'm not recommending this particular one, I'm just saying they're out there.

https://www.amazon.com/Prosumers-Choice-Bamboo-Rotating-Entertainment/dp/B01LZS2KD9/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1526410575&sr=8-2&keywords=tv+shelves+for+flat+screens

Thought of mounting when I first got the tv, but can't do it because there's a window behind the tv. It took me forever to find that inovex... I got it for $70, now it's $211!!! btw, My rp440c in on auction for bid on ebay, if anyone wants one, or if you know anyone. Started at 0.99 with $45 shipping for 10 days, all I really need is $245, then I'd get the $325 rp450c!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Here's an RC-62 II for $200.

I'm not recommending it because I've not heard it, I'm just calling your attention to it.  :)

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/176459-rc-62-ii/

Ah, that one sounded great, but it's 8 inches high, had it for a day and had to return! That's what led me to the rp440c, and now to where I'm at wanting to upgrade again. 450c is 6.81 high, which is the same as my Pioneer vsx832, so at least I know it'll fit for sure!! I'm new with klipsch, so unless there's a really nice older model I don't know about with 5.25 and up, driver sizes with hight below 8, it seems like the only option for me as an upgrade would be 450c.

5 minutes ago, Aguero90 said:

Ah, that one sounded great, but it's 8 inches high, had it for a day and had to return!

I don't know prices but $200 is a low price for any decent speaker.  I figured since you already knew you liked the sound it was something you might consider. 

Again, I know you have a good ear and love good sound.  I would not try to squeeze a lessor speaker into he cramped space of that stand.  Put the center speaker you like on the top shelf and then find some way to securely mount that TV above your chosen center speaker.

Glad you're liking the new center.  You have the Klipsch illness now.  For many of us, it doesn't stop, just gets worse.  I have noticed though that with my KV3 center and my RC-62 II centers that they sound 'boxy'.  They need a little EQ work to calm them down.  I've seen this when measuring with REW.  If I'm not mistaken, they're a little hot in the 500 - 600 hz range. 

I agree with WVU 80.  Get a good wall mount for the TV and place it just above the max height that is allowable for the center.   I like the telescoping, tilting, pivoting ones.  Not hard to do.  Then, you can have the center that you want.  Plus, the wall mounts are only about $25 - 35 bucks.  A little hardware, some patience, and you're good. 

This one is $27 on the bay.  Similar to the one I set up in the basement.

s-l500.jpg.f885637ef8954bbbc7e721c068355573.jpg

56 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Glad you're liking the new center.  You have the Klipsch illness now.  For many of us, it doesn't stop, just gets worse.  I have noticed though that with my KV3 center and my RC-62 II centers that they sound 'boxy'.  They need a little EQ work to calm them down.  I've seen this when measuring with REW.  If I'm not mistaken, they're a little hot in the 500 - 600 hz range. 

I agree with WVU 80.  Get a good wall mount for the TV and place it just above the max height that is allowable for the center.   I like the telescoping, tilting, pivoting ones.  Not hard to do.  Then, you can have the center that you want.  Plus, the wall mounts are only about $25 - 35 bucks.  A little hardware, some patience, and you're good. 

This one is $27 on the bay.  Similar to the one I set up in the basement.

s-l500.jpg.f885637ef8954bbbc7e721c068355573.jpg

I wish I could mount the tv! Maybe in the future when/if I move, when I have a good wall behind the tv, I can mount. Right now in our place, there's a huge window behind it, and no where else to put the tv. I have to stick with centers that fit hight wise for now. If anyone can think of anything better than the rp450c under 8 inches high, let me know!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aguero90 said:

I wish I could mount the tv! Maybe in the future when/if I move, when I have a good wall behind the tv, I can mount. Right now in our place, there's a huge window behind it, and no where else to put the tv. I have to stick with centers that fit hight wise for now. If anyone can think of anything better than the rp450c under 8 inches high, let me know!

Whoops, somehow I missed the window.  Understood.  450c may be your best bet.  Unless someone else knows of something better with the height.  Have fun!

Would you consider getting a pedestal built with some 2"x 8" wood?  This would be extremely strong and would fit over the center speaker of your choice on the top shelf.  I am just trying to be creative because I know how important quality sound is to me.

I had a similar problem with space.  I had some large speakers that wouldn't fit the room so I put them overhead using a pair of 2x4's eight feet long that I stained.  If they will hold 216 pounds worth of CF-4's and a 65 pound center speaker they will probably hold your HDTV safely.  :)

5a5da46ced990_CF-4Computersetupright1.thumb.jpg.68053bc463f650c39d6fc1fc468dacc0.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Would you consider getting a pedestal built with some 2"x 8" wood?  This would be extremely strong and would fit over the center speaker of your choice on the top shelf.  I am just trying to be creative because I know how important quality sound is to me.

I had a similar problem with space.  I had some large speakers that wouldn't fit the room so I put them overhead using a pair of 2x4's eight feet long that I stained.  If they will hold 216 pounds worth of CF-4's and a 65 pound center speaker they will probably hold your HDTV safely.  :)

You need more speakers sir.  Just an observation.  Oh, near field listening, the shame, the shame.  :biggrin2: