Jump to content

My first Klipsch Center!


Aguero90
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

You might look at Fry's Electronics. They had the RC62ll for around $150 a while back, brand new. It took a promo code but it was on their website.

Just checked, $549. Amazon has it for $292 and another seller on amazon new for $324. I can't buy until Tuesday morning so I'll get it from them, unless I keep checking around. My local bestbuy doesn't have it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Awesome, it's a wonderful feeling unboxing new gear. Congrats, and be prepared to be amazed at how good it will sound.

What do you think of this, the tv stand is 18.3 deep, with qe shelf only 9 inches high, if I move qe tv back a bit on top, I can put the speaker on top with the tv, with the two 5 driver left and right Onkyos at each end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Aguero90 said:

What do you think of this, the tv stand is 18.3 deep, with qe shelf only 9 inches high, if I move qe tv back a bit on top, I can put the speaker on top with the tv, with the two 5 driver left and right Onkyos at each end.

Sounds like a good plan. Are you considering placing the TV on top of the center speaker? I believe the RC62 has a flat top, and I've seen many pictures of TVs sitting there. Any idea how much the TV weighs, how large it is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Sounds like a good plan. Are you considering placing the TV on top of the center speaker? I believe the RC62 has a flat top, and I've seen many pictures of TVs sitting there. Any idea how much the TV weighs, how large it is?

Oh know wouldn't do that, tv is the 80 inch sharp Aquos!! btw, should I keep the crossover at 80 hz, or lower the center since it goes down to 57. I have a 12 inch 300 watt sub, so figured I should leave it as is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aguero90 said:

Oh know wouldn't do that, tv is the 80 inch sharp Aquos!! btw, should I keep the crossover at 80 hz, or lower the center since it goes down to 57. I have a 12 inch 300 watt sub, so figured I should leave it as is.

I must have misunderstood the TV question.

Yes, leave center as is, let the sub handle the hard work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I must have misunderstood the TV question.

Yes, leave center as is, let the sub handle the hard work.

You were right, what I meant was should I put the center on top with the tv, as in, put it in front or stick it below the tv on the first shelf down. Since it's 8 inches high, it most likely would block some of the bottom of the screen, I think the only way I put it up top is if the length is an issue with all my equipment I've got. Roku, tivo, ps4, AV. Lol, the space between AV and Tivo on the other side is wide, but I haven't measured it! I'll find out tomorrow! Stand is 83 ioches long, so I think I'll be able to shift stuff as needed. I got this Inovex tempered glass monster for $70 3 years ago, now it's $230!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should at least center the speaker with your TV. If it's below the TV on a lower shelf, and below your ear height, you might want to aim it up some so it's aimed right at you. I'm not sure if the RC62 has spikes or not. Are you counting down the hours?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2018 at 4:47 PM, Aguero90 said:

Just checked, $549. Amazon has it for $292 and another seller on amazon new for $324. I can't buy until Tuesday morning so I'll get it from them, unless I keep checking around. My local bestbuy doesn't have it.

If you haven’t already signed up for Fry’s promo codes I highly recommend you do. Just looking at their website you will never see the promo price. Only adding the promo code that you get in your email would you see the sale price. I picked up brand new RB61ii speakers for $199 including free shipping. If you are looking for new there aren’t many choices with this kind of “bang for the buck”.  These will also pair nicely with the RC62. If you are patient you should be able to find these at that price, or close to it, sometime in the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

You should at least center the speaker with your TV. If it's below the TV on a lower shelf, and below your ear height, you might want to aim it up some so it's aimed right at you. I'm not sure if the RC62 has spikes or not. Are you counting down the hours?

Yes!! Coming USPS, I get my mail around 17 or 11 am. I'm going to DC in July for the mlb all-star game, so this is the last buy until after that!! Buy Sep 3, I'll have enough to get the RB81s! Then again, the side Onkyos aren't bad, so if it sounds good with the new center, I'll leave it! My small 175 watt peak center right now gets drowned out by my left and rights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aguero90 said:

Yes!! Coming USPS, I get my mail around 17 or 11 am. I'm going to DC in July for the mlb all-star game, so this is the last buy until after that!! Buy Sep 3, I'll have enough to get the RB81s! Then again, the side Onkyos aren't bad, so if it sounds good with the new center, I'll leave it! My small 175 watt peak center right now gets drowned out by my left and rights.

Your new center will make all the other speakers seem to sound better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

You should at least center the speaker with your TV. If it's below the TV on a lower shelf, and below your ear height, you might want to aim it up some so it's aimed right at you. I'm not sure if the RC62 has spikes or not. Are you counting down the hours?

A little bad news guys, the 8 inchs did fit, but couldn't get it in the shelf because of the lip opening! Tried to slide it in from the side, which would work but there's unremovable bars. I'm returning it, UPS pickup tomorrow, and I went with the 5.6 inch high RP440c, for those who have that, did I make a good choice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Aguero90 said:

A little bad news guys, the 8 inchs did fit, but couldn't get it in the shelf because of the lip opening! Tried to slide it in from the side, which would work but there's unremovable bars. I'm returning it, UPS pickup tomorrow, and I went with the 5.6 inch high RP440c, for those who have that, did I make a good choice?

I think you'll like the RP440 also.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I think you'll like the RP440 also.

I did plug the rc62 in to hear it, and was blown away by the quality!! The RP440 has the same specks in terms of power, and it's a newer model all around. Should be getting it tomorrow! Lesson is never underestimate pip openings! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Aguero90 said:

A little bad news guys, the 8 inchs did fit, but couldn't get it in the shelf because of the lip opening! Tried to slide it in from the side, which would work but there's unremovable bars. I'm returning it, UPS pickup tomorrow, and I went with the 5.6 inch high RP440c, for those who have that, did I make a good choice?

Too bad the RC-62 didn't work out for you.  You did your due diligence and research and made a good decision.  Even still, I guess sometimes things just don't work out.

 

I have never heard the RF-440c RP-440c but it has a good reputation and now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever heard one bad word about it.

 

I guess shortly you will be the expert on how it sounds.  I'm looking forward to your opinion.  B)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Too bad the RC-62 didn't work out for you.  You did your due diligence and research and made a good decision.  Even still, I guess sometimes things just don't work out.

 

I have never heard the RF-440c RP-440c but it has a good reputation and now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever heard one bad word about it.

 

I guess shortly you will be the expert on how it sounds.  I'm looking forward to your opinion.  B)

Yes, Friday FeDex!! I'll let you know how it sounds! On another note, my couch is against the wall where the surround speakers are. How high should they be up on the wall? I only hve a 2 seater couch, so I hve them spaced about the length of it. When others watch movies with me, we bring in recliners, but they are out of the back surrounds a bit, can't be helped because it's only a 5.1 setup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...