Favorite childhood toys?

codewritinfool

Major Matt Mason. I had a pretty big collection.

I also had a nice version of The Robot from Lost in Space.

I went straight from that into models. I still have a model of the SR-71 that I never got around to building.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, willland said:

Probably not considered a toy today but my Crossman 760 BB/pellet gun was used constantly for many years.

Real wood stock and pump handle.

Related image

Bill

My sister shot my cousin in his adams apple with 10 pumps in it and mom squeezed it like a zit to pop the BB out.  :D

1 minute ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

My sister shot my cousin in his adams apple with 10 pumps in it and mom squeezed it like a zit to pop the BB out.  :D

I had a friend that had a BB stuck in his lip for as long as I knew him.  You really would not know it until he would let you feel it by rolling it around between two fingers.

I was very lucky I only got shot once in the face(one inch from my right eye) and it was from a wimpy Daisy Red Ryder from about 15 yards.

Instructions with my 760 stated max of 10 pumps but it would not be out of the ordinary for me to pump mine up to around 25.:o  Very surprised how many years I owned that thing before it began to leak air.

Bill

• Like 1

I have one of the famous RedRiders.  It gets used, too. We have critters. Coons. You don't want to pop a skunk. It will leave, but will remain for several days. phewwwwww

the vid of those HO cars ...

that guy knows nada.  Those are "pancake" motors and the cars are much, much faster than that. The Tyco cars were even faster.

A 1965 Honda 65, top speed was 65 MPH and I weighed 65 lbs. I knew it was the coolest "machine"...  Although, I'd of never admitted it, it really was a toy.

D9cUlun.jpg

Next bike was even cooler... A Brigstone 90. Notice the "BS" emblem on the fuel tank, which made it really cool! ;)  

hkqfURR.jpg

I pretty much always had Lincoln Logs, slot cars, a Schwinn stingray bike or later 10 speed bike but they always had to be Schwinn. I also later had a very slick one of a kind custom made chopper style mini bike probably did about 40-45 MPH, it was a little bit larger than the typical mini bike and had very long extended front forks and a sissy bar on back, complete chopper style.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, willland said:

I had a friend that had a BB stuck in his lip for as long as I knew him.  You really would not know it until he would let you feel it by rolling it around between two fingers.

I was very lucky I only got shot once in the face(one inch from my right eye) and it was from a wimpy Daisy Red Ryder from about 15 yards.

Instructions with my 760 stated max of 10 pumps but it would not be out of the ordinary for me to pump mine up to around 25.:o  Very surprised how many years I owned that thing before it began to leak air.

Bill

Had one just like that, seemed to last forever, well made. That and the Benjamin were the two most powerful at the time.