Favorite childhood toys?

codewritinfool

Honda 50 Mini Trail.  This thing was sexy before I was old enough to know what sexy was.

This is a stock photo, but if you notice just under the handlebars there are two knobs. You could unscrew the knobs and fold the handlebars down, then twist the seal on the gas cap to throw the bike into a car trunk.  Man did it hurt when I slid forward and rammed my knees into those darned knobs!

s-l300.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Metal Tonka's.

JJK

That reminds me. I had a really cool yellow and black Tonka track hoe.  A corner of the driveway was a dirt pile where my construction-type toys were.  My oldest brother turned 16, which would have made me 6.  He bought his own first car, a real beater...  First thing he did was back over my track hoe  Fortunately I wasn't in the dirt pile at the time, but he didn't even realize it.  I went out to my dirt pile the next day and my track hoe was flat..  It was an accident (I think), but I was immensely saddened by that.  He just laughed about it.  Jerk.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Those were cool, I wanted a 70 really bad , never did get one. They cost more now than when they came out.

internet pic

th80.jpg

I had one of those too!  Same @#$! handlebar knobs as the Honda 50!

I paid half, my dad paid half.  Dad could have simply bought it, but he made me work for 6 months before he would pay the other half.

I miss my dad.

4 hours ago, richieb said:

Now the real question - what color was the Varsity? Mine was that bright electric  green - Gawd it was beautiful. Got it by selling an "English racer" three speed to a neighbor kid that I won in a contest for selling the most subscriptions of a little local newspaper. 

As I recall those first Varsitys' came in - purple, electric blue, electric green and maybe red? But it may been just the first three. 

Electric Green with green tape on the handle bars. It had a brown leather racing saddle and was an early Varsity with the shifter handles on the lower front tube instead of up by the handlebars!  :D

Rog

4 hours ago, jwc said:

I still have the Mattel baseball.

I also have the Colecovision.  

Still have Mr Professor and Merlin And Simon

My Dad sold my Honda 185s 3 wheeler about 8 years go.  It would still run.  Thing was tuff.

Did you modify your games with Radio Shack switches so you could turn the sound off in class JC?? I am pretty sure my brother has all of that stuff now  :D

Rog

We had a great table hockey game back in the late sixties early 70s we used for years. Back when the players as well as the structure were metal. Over time they cheapened them down to plastic. Came with all the original six teams.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

We had a great table hockey game back in the late sixties early 70s we used for years. Back when the players as well as the structure were metal. Over time they cheapened them down to plastic. Came with all the original six teams.

I know exactly what you mean......loved that game.  Didn't do much for my skating and stick handling, but it was fun anyway.....

• Like 1

you will notice "body English" does not influence these helicopters...

I vote for changing the thread title.  I think most of still have toys.  I dig my HO cars out.  Start thinking of what I could do with a little knowledge of newer motors and neat stuff like ball bearings with inside ID of 1mm.