Now part of the family!

kvndoom

Greetings!  I've had the speaker bug bite me this year for the first time in a long time, and have been set on getting my first pair of Klipsches.  My best friend had some KG-4's back when we were in high school in the 80's and  just remember that they sounded incredible.  I could have gotten KG4's locally but I really wanted something different, mainly because I'm partial to tall towers.

Two days ago I made that dream into a reality.  Took a 400-mile round trip and came home with some beautiful (looking and sounding) KLF-10's.  I won't waste my time repeating what has already been said so many times about how great these speakers sound.  I've never been so absolutely blown away.  I left my house to start my trip at 3:30 AM Saturday, and was up listening to them until 3AM Sunday once I got them in place and started listening.

I've lurked for a while before signing up, and have learned a ton from you guys already.  My Crites diaphragms are already on order. :lol:  

Right now I'm in a small listening room but we are shuffling things around this spring and I will have more space to get them farther apart in the room I'm getting next.

I will post more later, but I wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for the bottomless pit of good information on these forums.  regards, Kevin.

• Like 3

I just remembered something.. technically these aren't my first Klipsches.  I bought the original 4.1 Promedias back when they were released back in 1999.  Now I remember how those just blew everybody away and completely redefined what consumers expected from computer speakers!  I didn't use them a whole lot, but I will never forget taking them to a friend's house, setting up and watching The Matrix on DVD (that shiny new technology thingamajig!).  Totally blown away.

When the word got out, they sold out so quickly that they were getting scalped on ebay for above retail.  I think I broke even on my set when I finally did sell them.

Ceptorman, my office is a FEMA-certified disaster right now, so I wouldn't dare take pictures of that. :blink: But I pulled the pix off the Craigslist ad so you can see how they looked in the previous owner's home.  Condition wise I'd give them a 6.5/10, not bad considering the age.  I have no complaints.

So, that serial number... would that imply a 2002 production date?  I thought these were stopped after 2001.

00f0f_2OVttIqmKUh_1200x900.jpg

00r0r_gE5ooDfEEvs_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_cp7DObbcnDm_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_8M3WjlmmtZG_1200x900.jpg

00303_bn2ztk3gMT0_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, my first klipsch where kg 3.5 had those for a few years and then wanted more,

I bought klf 10 s in 2002 and still using them as my rear surrounds cause I got a pair of klf 20s a few years ago from my son @dtr20. There awesome speakers and I dont think I willk ever get rid of them.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes.  I've really been enjoying them, and I'm sure like anyone with their first pair of Klipsch's, that incredible top-end detail is a blessing and a curse.

Totally unforgiving on bad recordings, but like a breath of fresh spring air when the track was mastered properly.  The KEF IQ9's these replaced were a lot more mellowed out, but I can tell that the price paid for that mellowness was accuracy.  Easy to tell why there are dome people and there are horn people and they see the world a different way.  It's asking for something different from your speakers.

My biggest fear pre-purchase was that the midrange would suffer because of the woofer size and the 2khz crossover.  That hasn't been the case at all.  I originally thought to upgrade these to KLF-20's down the road for a dedicated mid but now I won't.  If I ever replace them it will be with KLF-30's because like I always say... if you're gonna go, then go all the way!

Still haven't gotten the room shuffling done so my listening position remains suboptimal.  The KEF's are narrower and less sensitive so they were more forgiving of my currently cramped quarters.  When enjoying music I just move my chair back as far as I can (which is limited by all the boxes and other stuff that's stored and waiting to be moved :angry:).  But don't mistake my use of the word "unforgiving" as a complaint-- these speakers are sublime!  I hopefully will get in one or two "empty house" nights before the weekend, so I can crank them up again!