Oppo Hanging up Their Hat

Rivernuggets

it's a tough business when you have a small share of the market.  Samsung, Sony and Panasonic all make very competitive BDP for a fraction of the cost.  These companies also offer more streaming choices which is becoming very popular.  Sad to see a USA product/factory go out of business.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Deano1974 said:

Yep Pioneer UDP-LX500 replaces the Oppo203 and this below replaces the 205

UDP-LX800

https://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/bdp/udp/udp-lx800/6e1841278c5cd13ee7472563ea888536.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

OPPO 205 = ES9038PRO dac

Pioneer LX800 = ES9026PRO dac

Pretty sure that is not a direct replacement dac

UDP-LX800 employs the same pair of 32-bit, 8-channel Parallel Drive ESS Sabre Digital-to-analogue converters (DACs) used in the PD-70AE, namely the ES9026 PRO

Besides this information here I found....

OPPO UDP-203 is using the AK4458 DAC with the performance of -107dB(THD+N) as a DAC with 115dB S/N characteristic....

Here is the best info I could find that someone else put out there to discern some differences in dac specs of the "replacement" OPPO type players coming to various markets around the world. I had nothing to do with the creation of the following comment...

The Oppo UDP-205 is considered best in its class for audiophiles. It's equipped with two ESS Technology ES9038PRO DACs for both stereo and 7.1 channel analog audio. The ES9038PRO is the flagship of the ESS PRO series. It sets a new benchmark for audio excellence with its best-in-class 140 dB of dynamic range, total harmonic distortion plus noise (THD+N) at -122dB in a 32-bit, 8-channel DAC.

The Panasonic UB9000 model is using the AK4493 DAC - Dynamic range, S/N: 123dB, THD+N: -113dB

The Pioneer UDP-LX500 will be using the AK4490EQ DAC - Dynamic range, S/N 120 db, THD+N -112 db

The Sony x1000 model is using some high performance 32 bit DAC (DSD 11.2 MHz, LPCM 192kHz capable) are the only details I find.

The Pioneer UDP-LX800 will be using the ES9026PRO DAC - Dynamic range, S/N 124 db, THD+N -110 db

I think the proof will be in the pudding lol as we know the implementation of the dac is key and alot of relative non pro dacs can be exceptional if combined with other matched components and betrer signal paths

We will have to wait and see

Its exciting....

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk