Cornwall mfg year?

cyberquipment

And by the numbers, that is the 264th Cornwall made!!!  Care for them well!  Yes, they were the original Cornwall II. 

I dislike the "vertical" appellation because they were actually intended to be used long dimension horizontal. 

OK, now give us the back story (and more pics, they're like crack).  How did you get them? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are some more pics...

I acquired them from a guy that was tasked with clearing out a house. But I had to pay him even tho he was "paid" for moving them. I use at home a pair of 1984 Cornwall II's driven with an ST70

I graduated from NMSU (1988)  {(PWK is class of 1926)}.  I met Paul in 1984, he was wearing three wristwatches!

Mid horn pic: (with stuffing fuzzies)

IMAG5111.jpg

Edited by cyberquipment
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, cyberquipment said:

Mine have neither.  Please advise.

congrats on your speakers. the labels look to be in mint condition so somebody took great care of them and i hope the walnut veneer is beautiful also.

looks like the K-600 with the 55V and the J ( Jensen ) woofer

you say you have 84 cornwall 2's but the 2nd coming of the cornwall 2's didn't come out till late 1985 early 86

22 hours ago, Budman said:

congrats on your speakers. the labels look to be in mint condition so somebody took great care of them and i hope the walnut veneer is beautiful also.

you say you have 84 cornwall 2's but the 2nd coming of the cornwall 2's didn't come out till late 1985 early 86

You seem to be right.  I took this pic of the label on one of them. (My kids, when they were young scribbled on it...) Model CWO.   Serial   2(?)7W863/864.  Perhaps with the serial someone could tell the year...

IMAG5030.jpg

The Veneer of the 1963 CW II's is fairly good except for the end that sits on the floor.  Because they are the "verticals"  The cabinets  never had  riser/stands, so on that side the veneer is trashed. BUT The cane grills and the logos are great.

Edited by cyberquipment

These have  the  K 55 V mid and the K-77 tweeter + K 33 J woofer. When you say "K-600" I suppose your referring to the horn body and not the driver?

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, cyberquipment said:

These have  the  K 55 V mid and the K-77 tweeter + K 33 J woofer. When you say "K-600" I suppose your referring to the horn body and not the driver?

The "horn body" is normally called the horn lens.  The K1000 mid-range horns were replaced in the Cornwalls by the K600 lens, which can crossover at a lower frequency (around 600hz) than the K1000 (around 1khz) did.

This was all part of the changes being made in a number of Klipsch speaker designs which were initially designed as supplementary speakers to a Klipschorn, in order to make these speakers better "stand-alone" speakers due to so many purchasing them FOR stand-alone speakers to begin with....throughout the 1960's.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just got this.  Tweeters are out...  If W is 1981, then, 'U', is 1979?  Going to check tweeters tomorrow....    Maybe crossover is out....

KLIPSCH CORNWALL CBR IS    model number 26U360    

inspected     Ron Elinore?
tested        Tery Willis?        Copy Right? 1980

woofer        K33E square    40225            cone 3480

mid               K-55-V         190448 R

tweeter       K-77-M     14 824-0137        046

crossover    two transforms, one has # 2133
        two AEROVOX  
        P49G1004E01 4uF 8045 100V 60Hz protected A2.5 AFC  NO PCB’s    
        P49G1002E01 2uF 8040  NOT PROTECTED  NO PCB’s

Thank you for any info....  and or suggestions on tweeter revival....  ; )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRockyC said:

Can the k77m voice coils be replaced?

Yes the K-77 diaphragm with voice coil can be replaced. Check with Bob Crites, https://critesspeakers.com/klipsch_tweeters.html. You might want read about the CT-125 replacement tweeters described on that same webpage, before repairing your fried K-77. Also read about the CT-120, https://critesspeakers.com/new-tweeter-replacement-for.html.