Klipsch Forte I midrange horn buzzing

I purchased a single Klipsch Forte I speaker which I planned on installing in my bedroom. I noticed buzzing coming from the midrange horn. In troubleshooting the issue I disconnected the speaker cables from the back of the speaker, so there is no physical connections. To my surprise I still hear the buzzing noise. I moved the speaker 6 feet from any electronics or electrical sources and still hear the buzzing. It is loud enough to prevent me from using the speaker in my bedroom (i'm a light sleeper). Has anybody had this problem with Klipsch speakers? Never experienced anything like this before with other speakers I have owned. 

8 hours ago, sevenseas7 said:

In troubleshooting the issue I disconnected the speaker cables from the back of the speaker, so there is no physical connections. To my surprise I still hear the buzzing noise.

You hear a buzzing sound from the speaker even when it is completely disconnected? :blink:

I agree with Don.  We had this sort of question with a K-Horn (?) years ago.

I too think it is the autotransformer picking up some magnetic field.  rotating the box on three axis might find a null position.

There is some electrical device in the home which is causing this.   Opening the circuit breaker for each room should help track it down.  The on-off switch on some devices do not disconnect the primary winding of the power tranformers -- they just go into a standby mode.  The device might be in an adjacent room on the floor or above or below or even outside.. 

Battery chargers for cordless devices (weedwackers, drills, cordless screwdrivers), dimmers, and outdoor low voltage lighting have reputations for radio frequency noise.

Is the electrical wiring in conduit or just Romex type?  It might not be causing the signal but it could be radiating it.

WMcD

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...