RP-280S with Palladium Fronts

Is this for music or movies? They would blend better for movies, considering the limited amount of sound the rear channels receive. If you're using them for multi channel music you might hear a difference. They would certainly look good as rear speakers.

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

That's a tough call. Since you own Palladiums, you know how they sound, have you heard the RP280s? I own Palladiums, and I've heard RP280 (they sound very good) but I have not heard them together.

No I have not heard them. I'd just thought since those are the latest ones perhaps they will work out.

11 hours ago, Schu said:

What happened to all the Palladiums?

After producing them for a few years, they just never seem to show up for sale. 39's at a great price is an insta buy.

I don't think they were well marketed. They did have very good reviews though. I read one reviewer that claimed the $20k P39s outperformed a 100k pair of Wilson speakers.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a couple of RP-280S and boy do they sound good. I was listening to 5 channel SACD music and the guitar on the surrounds sounded almost real. Movies were great also. Makes me wonder if the P-27S are worth it?

• 2 months later...