Need advice - Major house damage - need new system..

Escher

2 hours ago, Escher said:

Ohhhh its not fine structurally.... :P

Its condemned currently - Main structural beam front to back on the side is split clean in two.  House shifted 3-4 inches off the foundation on that side.  Its a quad level, so the other half of the house is fine... just some stress cracks in the drywall upstairs that need to be repaired.

Next week they tear the bad half down to studs and start shoring things up.

That is crazy. Thank God you guys are all Ok. At least when you set up your new system you can do some in-wall wiring to clean up your cables. When you get everything set up again, you may have to put on Pulp Fiction for good measure.

image.png.6251046febd2ee0f01af8f55082a7889.png

23 hours ago, Escher said:

A drunk driver crashed through my living room and killed my home theater setup (RF3's, Rc3 and Rs3's)...  My insurance company will replace the system, but obviously, since these were vintage, there is no perfect equivalent.  They said they will pay for "Current like make and model" of speakers... so - What would that be?  I assume R28F, 25C and 14s? 

You had Reference speakers, the top tier Klipsch speakers.

I would insist the insurance company replace them with RF-7 III, RC-64 III and RS-62 II.

+++

Edit:  I just looked and Klipsch does not have the RS-62 II listed on their web site.  The next closest product I would ask for is the KS-525 THX surround speakers.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/ks-525-thx-surround-speakers-pair

17 hours ago, YK Thom said:

I have never heard of anything like this happening to anyone. Outrageous

Maybe I'm just that guy.  A buddy of mine did the same thing.  Blacked out drunk, drove up a hill and hit a house hard enough to knock it 3' off of the foundation and condemning it. An old boss of mine did the same, not drunk, bad brakes, hit the corner of  house where the garage sat in the corner, you could look into the room from the ground.  First one I heard of, was in my grandparents yard, the driver was drunk, hit the porch and tree, caught on fire and burned to death in their front lawn. 

OP, hope you get your house fixed correctly and hope it is a smooth process.  I only one time was out about 2 weeks without my home do to electrical issues.  Good luck with the speakers.

4 hours ago, Marbles said:

Hey Escher. I know it isn't much but I have an rc-35 i will send you to help rebuild your set up. No one should be without their Klipsch! Just PM me your mailing address. Jon. 

Wow... That is an amazing offer!  Thank you so much!

Lets hold off a bit right now though - the house is condemned and I'm in a Hotel for the next few weeks until we can get into a lease home...  So it would just get stored until I get back in a house again.  Again - Thank you!

20 hours ago, Escher said:

Wow... That is an amazing offer!  Thank you so much!

Lets hold off a bit right now though - the house is condemned and I'm in a Hotel for the next few weeks until we can get into a lease home...  So it would just get stored until I get back in a house again.  Again - Thank you!

No problem! I hope all of this can get fixed for you.