Amp/speaker switch selector

I just purchased one of these to be able to switch back from my receiver(HT) to my integrated amp(music) and it has worked really good. I have one concern though. I have the RP280f and I listen to music very often. I was planning to get a 2ch amp at 150wpc to power them but the amp selector says it can only take or handle 100w rms. Will this really be an issue? I listen to music very loud. Just 2ch. 658025b68bcc562ac8284caa39c00655.jpgc07e43ef8cb537936e371e76d55e5e24.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just purchased one of these to be able to switch back from my receiver(HT) to my integrated amp(music) and it has worked really good. I have one concern though. I have the RP280f and I listen to music very often. I was planning to get a 2ch amp at 150wpc to power them but the amp selector says it can only take or handle 100w rms. Will this really be an issue? I listen to music very loud. Just 2ch. 658025b68bcc562ac8284caa39c00655.jpgc07e43ef8cb537936e371e76d55e5e24.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May I ask where did you purchase it and who is it made by?

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

FYI....the Niles SPK-1 will handle up to 600 watts.

This is exactly what I am looking for EXCEPT I would want it controlled manually. Any idea off the top of your head of their equivalent  counterpart model?

Or does the SPK-1 also come with the remote control parts too?

It appears that Niles does not offer a manual version, Might there be another manufacturer that  makes such a device as robust as the SPK-1?  My other option would be to just buy six pairs of binding posts and build my own using a jumper cable pair between the two amps/systems.

4 hours ago, Alexander said:

This is exactly what I am looking for EXCEPT I would want it controlled manually. Any idea off the top of your head of their equivalent  counterpart model?

Or does the SPK-1 also come with the remote control parts too?

No remote on that model.

2 hours ago, Alexander said:

It appears that Niles does not offer a manual version, Might there be another manufacturer that  makes such a device as robust as the SPK-1?  My other option would be to just buy six pairs of binding posts and build my own using a jumper cable pair between the two amps/systems.

The auto turn on switch on the Niles does work well and is easy to install.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, Ceptorman said:

I think it would be fine. There's not a huge difference between 100-150 watts.

FYI....the Niles SPK-1 will handle up to 600 watts.

Thank you for the tip, the SPK-1from Niles will be perfect as I can use the 12v trigger off of one of the Emotive devices to switch things over from the Denon AVR-X3200W. 

1 minute ago, Alexander said:

Thank you for the tip, the SPK-1from Niles will be perfect as I can use the 12v trigger off of one of the Emotive devices to switch things over from the Denon AVR-X3200W. 

That's exactly how mine is connected...works great. If I'm listening to 2 channel pre-amp, then turn my AVR on, which activates the Niles and switches the power, I always turn the pre-amp off. I don't want to risk a double signal to the speakers, probably don't have to, but choose to.

You can use semi-manual mode on the Niles SPK if you use an Emotiva ET-3 trigger module. It is either triggered or manual by button push. I have a long cable run to the SPK and with McIntosh's lower voltage triggers I have the ET-3 being controlled by the Mc and then the higher voltage from the ET-3 works the SPK. On other pre-pros and AVRs the SPK worked fine with direct to SPK. 

would be interesting to see what is inside those switches.  Most of us just want a switch for 2 amps and 2 or more speakers. Those switches have transformers and volume control so that the amp does not see too low an impedance load. 

Could you open it up for us? What is the volume control? An L pad?   

"just need a switch"