Need Surround Suggestion

MychaelP

So, my ancient Polk surrounds died at the same time with heavy static coming from the woofers. touching them fixes, then back again. They were made for surround and fastened to my side walls as upper surround speakers for more than 25 years.

Since then I have RB3's as front L/R and RC3 center. Along with an SVS sub next to the sofa (yes it works amazing there and that location was selected due to multiple options not sounding as good). 

I'd like to match the surrounds in timbre as much as I can, and considered  replacing the Polk surrounds with the cheaper T15's since I like that they just "hang" on the wall with a single screw.

Is there a Klipsch option that also can "hang" on the wall easily? I see the R14S, but not sure if I want to go that route as I liked the directional sound from the older Polks. 

Suggestions? 

20 minutes ago, Youthman said:

If you have RB-3 and RC-3, the matching surrounds would be the RS-3.  They have a keyhole mount on the back that allows you to easily hang them on the wall.

Thanks for the reply. I thought about those, but they are hard to find and over my budget. $100 to $150 is what I have available. Not much for Klipsch, but with sales at Frys at times and Ebay doable I think.

After searching a bit online, wondering if the Polk OWM3's could work. Don't need the base as the sub takes care of it, and these look like they would disappear in to the Living Room. Also I see that some people use them on top of the fronts as ATMOS heights. Thanks for the replies and I will see how it goes with my search.

5 hours ago, MychaelP said:

Thanks for the reply. I thought about those, but they are hard to find and over my budget. $100 to $150 is what I have available. Not much for Klipsch, but with sales at Frys at times and Ebay doable I think.

These here would work just fine.

RS 42 pair: $ 150 

Bill

On 4/4/2018 at 8:27 AM, MychaelP said:

So, my ancient Polk surrounds died at the same time with heavy static coming from the woofers. touching them fixes, then back again. They were made for surround and fastened to my side walls as upper surround speakers for more than 25 years.

Since then I have RB3's as front L/R and RC3 center. Along with an SVS sub next to the sofa (yes it works amazing there and that location was selected due to multiple options not sounding as good). 

I'd like to match the surrounds in timbre as much as I can, and considered  replacing the Polk surrounds with the cheaper T15's since I like that they just "hang" on the wall with a single screw.

Is there a Klipsch option that also can "hang" on the wall easily? I see the R14S, but not sure if I want to go that route as I liked the directional sound from the older Polks. 

Suggestions? 

What's wrong with the Polks (and what model are they)?  What do you mean by touching them fixes?  Do they just need new surrounds?  It's not typical that two speakers would go out on you at the same time.

If it's not a surround issue (as in speaker surround) then you might want to check the speaker taps on your amp for too much DC

If the woofers just need new surrounds I'll do them for you gratis; you pay for shipping and the edges

I see some of your other posts regarding cross over issues - those are an easy fix as well.  Do you know what type of caps Polk used in the problem pair?